Post your 29er!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That Yeti is wonderful. Are the bars "upside down" though? Looks super low. For me, if it were tackling trails it'd be a little higher but I'm not complaining though. :^)

And the BH is a beauty too, I've always liked the look of them. No issues with mixing tyres up either.

JT145

Likes Bikes
Cheers guys! The bike is incredible.. Really loving it so far.

That Yeti is wonderful. Are the bars "upside down" though? Looks super low. For me, if it were tackling trails it'd be a little higher but I'm not complaining though. :^)
Bars aren't upside down as such. They have been flipped, as they can be run both ways. Only to get them a bit lower for the time being, I've still got the Pikes at 140, and it being a 29er, the front end was quite high. Forks are being lowered to 130 this weekend. So the bars will be back up the other way.

I want this bike. What are the specs and weight.
The Pike up front is that set at 120mm?
Have you blackened out all the spec writing (3c Exo TR) Maxxis put on the tyres?Looks heaps better.
Pikes are at 140 for now, will be lowered to 130 this weekend. Initially it was going to 120, but the bike is so damn capable with the 140's on, I don't want to lose too much of that. It still motors up climbs respectably well @ 140 as well. I did the Convict last weekend with no issue at all, and had a blast on the descents!
I have blacked out Maxxis logos, yellow looked odd against the frame. Plus I was aiming to keep everything else black.

Specs as follows:

Frame: ASRc - Large, Turquoise.
Wheelset: Light-Bicycle Carbon 30mm wide rims w/ DT Swiss 350 hubs (centre-lock) & Pillar Aero spokes.
Cassette: M9000 XTR
Rear Der: M9000 XTR
Shifter: M9000 XTR
Chain: M9000 XTR
Cranks: SRAM X01
Chainring: Absolute Black, 32T Oval
Brakes: M8000 XT, 180 (F) & 160 (R)
Fork: RS Pike, 51mm offset
Seatpost: RS Reverb Stealth
Bars: Thomson carbon 730mm flat
Stem: Easton Haven 55mm
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Ti
Pedals: XT M780 Race
Grips: ESI Race
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 2.25 (F) & Ikon 2.2 (R)
Headset: Nukeproof ceramic
BB: SRAM PF30

Weight is a little over 11kg.
Which is a heavy build for the ASRc, but considering it has a Pike & Reverb, it's still quite light.

Ha Snap!

Halfway through my build with new 1x11 XTR and 2016 Fox
Looking good! You're going to love it!

These things are multiplying. Was there a Yeti grand sale I missed???
Yeti sale? Ha, I wish!

DSC5342.jpg

Last edited:

Bodin

GMBC
Weight is a little over 11kg.
Which is a heavy build for the ASRc, but considering it has a Pike & Reverb, it's still quite light.
Entirely respectable weight, given the build and capability. Certainly makes me think hard about what I *thought* my dream bike might be one day...

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Indeed a good weight considering the spec. I am shooting for 10kg even hopefully, would be great to go under 10kg, but will see....

JT145

Likes Bikes
Indeed a good weight considering the spec. I am shooting for 10kg even hopefully, would be great to go under 10kg, but will see....
Sub 10kg is entirely doable, but at a large cost. Low 10's seem pretty common with a high end build without going too crazy..

There is probably close to a kilo of excess in my build, tyres, dropper and forks.. I'm not changing it though, the bike is so damn capable as is. A lot more playful than expected too!

Should be a lot of fun when I take it to Rotorua in November.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Cant wait to finish mine then....left some fun in it with the Fox Fit4 120 and new shock, instead of going the weight weenie race spec SIDXX etc. Gotta keep it fun

JT145

Likes Bikes
I am curious if there's any difference in the 2016 shock. I probably missed out by a month on getting the new version. Not that I'm fussed.
If yours is in the 10kg realm, it'll be fun! The rear end on them is so light! Dare I say it, doesn't bring the typical 29er traits of truck handling.. They've got it dialled in this one!

Enjoy mate.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Sub 10kg is entirely doable, but at a large cost. Low 10's seem pretty common with a high end build without going too crazy..

There is probably close to a kilo of excess in my build, tyres, dropper and forks.. I'm not changing it though, the bike is so damn capable as is. A lot more playful than expected too!

Should be a lot of fun when I take it to Rotorua in November.

Law of diminishing returns is in full force by 10kg for a dual suspension 29er, after pricing it out for dropping 500 grams I decided to buy second hand bikes for my second and third bikes for wet weather days.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
I am curious if there's any difference in the 2016 shock. I probably missed out by a month on getting the new version. Not that I'm fussed.
If yours is in the 10kg realm, it'll be fun! The rear end on them is so light! Dare I say it, doesn't bring the typical 29er traits of truck handling.. They've got it dialled in this one!

Enjoy mate.
Cheers JT

The 2016 shock has a new Dual Piston damper which changes the small bump and lockout performance apparently. Have't ridden one yet though

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Awesome Yeti, that. Love the slammed front end.

Here's my new Spec Marathon:

I hate, hate, hate the brakes. XTs are on their way. Also need a shorter stem & wider bars.

But damn it's fast...

[edit] In fact, the bar-stem combo on Boxer's bike are what I'm going to get, Thomson flat XC bars & 70mm 10 degree stem.

Last edited:

JT145

Likes Bikes
FInished - 9.9kg with my Ritchie Paradigm pedals or 10.1kg with the XT pedals as pictured here, pretty stoked with that.

Still some RD tuning to go and some frame protection, and cut the steerer, but otherwise feels great around the backyard
Yep!! It looks awesome! Well done!

Very light build there, and to be honest, there's more weight to pull out of it if you really wanted to. XTR cassette isn't all that light, and neither are the Thomson bars & stem (funny to see you're running the same bars as me, and flipped too, haha)

P.S. I got a frameskin from Alan at frameskin.com, he had only just had them made up.. So contact him and see if he can help out.

Go out and enjoy it! It looks awesome.