Post your all mountain bike

murf58

Likes Bikes
Cash well spent mate. i only had mine a couple months before i fractured my wrist, but rode it at a few places with a good variety of terrain and riding styles, and I'm yet to find something it didn't love. I have a dh bike for the super gnar, but the sight handles anything else with ease. If you don't like it, you don't like riding bikes!!
Agreed - I have a 2016 c7.2. Brilliant bike, I have ridden it heaps up and down the east coast and a couple of days at Stromlo. I am looking at upgrading the wheels to the 7.1 spec (ex1501 dt Swiss), though I might go for something else.
I think you will be very happy.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Agreed - I have a 2016 c7.2. Brilliant bike, I have ridden it heaps up and down the east coast and a couple of days at Stromlo. I am looking at upgrading the wheels to the 7.1 spec (ex1501 dt Swiss), though I might go for something else.
I think you will be very happy.
Yeah I upgraded to a set of am classic am rims, other than that nothing needs swapping. Super happy with it.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Cash well spent mate. i only had mine a couple months before i fractured my wrist, but rode it at a few places with a good variety of terrain and riding styles, and I'm yet to find something it didn't love. I have a dh bike for the super gnar, but the sight handles anything else with ease. If you don't like it, you don't like riding bikes!!
I'm sure it will be well enjoyed. My old Anthem 29er has been a great bike but I would like a bikle that is more playfull and somthing that can handle the gravity enduros without rattling your fillings out of your teeth. Already ordered a skin kit, crank boots and tubeless valves ready for when it arrives. Can't wait!

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'm sure it will be well enjoyed. My old Anthem 29er has been a great bike but I would like a bikle that is more playfull and somthing that can handle the gravity enduros without rattling your fillings out of your teeth. Already ordered a skin kit, crank boots and tubeless valves ready for when it arrives. Can't wait!
Nice. Frameskin on mine has already saved what would have been a nice scrape in the carbon on the top tube.. paid for itself right there. Didn't save my wrist though..

thrillseeker

Likes Bikes
This probably belongs near the start of this thread considering its age...but its a good looking rig and always turns a few heads. Has tackled it's fair share of everything including AM, but is most at home on the trails. 1x11 upgrade next!
IMG_1985 (1).jpg
IMG_1982.jpg

thrillseeker

Likes Bikes
1x11

Just a quick query; I cant help noticing half (if not more) of the bikes on this thread that are running a 1x11 setup or something similar have no chain guide or bash guard. What's the general consensus on this? As I'm looking to convert my stumpy, I'm wondering whether I'd need either of these for a Raceface NW 32t chainring. Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't run the 1x11 setup without some kind of top guide, once your chainring / chain wears a bit it's highly likely to go off especially if you're on the gas while going through rough stuff

indica

Serial flasher
I wouldn't run the 1x11 setup without some kind of top guide, once your chainring / chain wears a bit it's highly likely to go off especially if you're on the gas while going through rough stuff
Is it different to 1x10?
I had that on my last Sanction for sometime and only dropped a chain once.

thrillseeker

Likes Bikes
Might have to put up with it until I can afford a guide, this conversion is gonna put me right out of pocket.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Whilst it's pleasing to see a high end rig with zero purple anno, there is an inordinate amount of the colour in the background. WTF is going on there?