Post your all mountain bike

ozimad

Likes Dirt
Well something had to put down the SWORKS ENDURO LOL jst kidding was tossing over that same bike or the Scott

Here is my Carbon Scott Genius LT10
X0 all round with 185 rear and 180 front with Twinlock
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

<InsertBrandname>

Cannon Fodder

Just got back into riding again after afew years off the bike. Picked up this Felt Redeption 3 last week loving it so far though it's not quite as beast as some of the rides in this thread, perhaps i can put more shiny bits on it down the track:eek:
Heading out to Forrest trails this week sometime to give it (and more than likely myself) a good thrashing:p

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Just got back into riding again after afew years off the bike. Picked up this Felt Redeption 3 last week loving it so far though it's not quite as beast as some of the rides in this thread, perhaps i can put more shiny bits on it down the track:eek:
Heading out to Forrest trails this week sometime to give it (and more than likely myself) a good thrashing:p
Welcome back, but if you want to avoid wearing the noobie hat, lose the reflectors.

placebo

Likes Dirt
I've been on a bit of a binge for all-mountain bikes over the last few years. They're just a good thing to enjoy for a couple of hours in comparison to an all day XC ride or the organisational involvement of shuttles. Ride, climb, enjoy the descent, repeat however much you want, ride home. I went from a carbon GT STS-2 with RST Hi-5 forks that I rode at the end of the 90's, then had some years with only DH bikes and a KTM moto, then came back via an iDrive GT, a giant AC, then a giant reign. The last few have come since mid 07. I've still got the frames, the parts have moved onto later builds/frames.

This is a mid-life build of the bike below. Started with a manitou nixon, moved to the lyric after about a year. Just a great bike, and the first I used a dropper post on. The lyric and post sort of encouraged me to get in over my head a bit toward the end. Would be a great bike now with a 150mm fork like a revelation.

Rode this one round a fair bit as 1x9, 34 front, 34 rear. Had the idea that it would be a better idea than a full DH bike, because I'd get more use out of it, and it would go almost as well. It's a medium, because I'd been riding a large sunday, and thought a little less length would make it better on climbs. However, the large sunday is more like an XL in length, and this felt too short in comparison for me to feel happy with it. It has a steeper head angle, and slightly higher bottom bracket, but even with aftermarket slacker dropouts which pretty much fixed that, I never felt as comfortable. I should have read the frame info properly and got a large instead. It's surprisingly a really good climber, and after having a decent base period, going up steep dirt climbs out of the saddle on DH tyres and not spinning the rear tyre was cool.

I had a picture of a tracer frame on my desktop for about six months before I got this one, because I really liked the look. It suited the longer lyric better than the BLT that I took the parts off. 1.5 or tapered steerers feel nicer on long travel single crown forks than 1.125. I'm still riding this frame, it's a gem, though wheels, fork, and post have changed. I will probably replace this with a slopestyle 2, and move most of the parts over.

Firebird. I've had this for over a year now. I initially had this as a 1x10, with an MRP guide on front, but liked the bike so much I wanted to ride it pretty much all the time, so went to the two ring set-up. The head tube is taller than the other frames so I used a flipped twelve degree rise stem to get the bars at the right height for climbing. It was the third frame that lyric's been on, though only the lowers and maxle were original. It has a new stem, bars, and tapered steerer lyric now, but looks almost exactly the same.

bpow

Likes Dirt
Just got this!! Diamondback Mission 1. Got the 09 model on sale. (Ordered from the states). Its only the entry level mission rig but for the price it was hard to be beat! For anyone who want's to know! 6" travel frame, knuckle box linkage, fox RP2, vanilla fork, hayes stroker ryde, truvativ blaze crankset, sram x7 and x5 shifters, easton stem and bar, 2.3 wtb tyres. Wheels are sun ditch witch. bit heavy as stock but looks like a great bike to slowly upgrade. (start with wheels I think?)
Very happy, rides great (even uphill) and soo much fun going down very bottomless!!
P1010512 mission pic.jpg

Last edited:

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took this baby up to Buller - Insane fun to ride, super smooth & a nice slack head angle.

Mozart Chainguide & Bash Guard is on its way.
New wheels are on the books (something a little tougher... hope on Dt's / Mavic).
New Brakes will be coming soon also - Avid Codes / Hope Tech M4.

This is more to please the gravity bug then anything.
I have a proper XC race bike for all the up/down riding - but this is mainly for FR/liteDH riding + the 150mm travel is enough for the big stuff, but keeps the weight down & lighter in the air/flats.
10MA063.jpg189915_10150126445176684_742621683_6496747_7686250_n.jpg

koiom

Likes Bikes
picked her up today
took cast of my arm today
have a couple of upgrades in the mail (new bars and pedals)
good times ahead :cool:
2011 Reign 1

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anybody recommend a fairly inexpensive, light & tough AM/FR Wheelset?

I'm leaning towards DT FR600 Rims / Hope Pro Hubs.

Is there a decent complete/factory wheel to consider?

Ivan

Eats Squid

I'm leaning towards DT FR600 Rims / Hope Pro Hubs.

Is there a decent complete/factory wheel to consider?
Stan's Flows or Mavic 823 's on Hope's or Nukeproof hubs.

If you want cheaper, superstar components do wheelbuilds.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
picked her up today
took cast of my arm today
have a couple of upgrades in the mail (new bars and pedals)
good times ahead :cool:
2011 Reign 1
Had my eye on a 0, but got offered the Roscoe 3 for a price I couldn't say no to. Still got a soft spot for them - much less common than the Trance.
Enjoy.

st.nick

Squid
2009 Giant Reign X0

Longer stem for climbing:

A bit of splash guarding for the DHX 5.0 and front derailleur, plus you can see the Crank Bros Mallets.

6.7in travel for tackling torturous trails:

Now THAT was a bloody big mud hole:

What's better than ONE Giant AM bike??? TWO!!

Looks like my girl is a fan of her new bike:

...meanwhile busted chains SUCK!!

Beej1

Josh Seksy said:
I'm a fan of Easton products. Before they revamped their 'Havoc' line of wheels, I picked up a set of their AM wheels from JensonUSA for US$375 plus US$120 shipping (back before parity was passed). So far they've handled plenty of abuse (read: ungainly, unglamorous descents through rocky terrain, including several crashes under the weight of a 95-100kg unco) and are completely true, and spin for ages.

Great sounding CNC machined hub with about 30 POE (I think), 24 straight triple (or double, can't remember) butted spokes, alloy freehub body and 28mm welded rims.

They weighed 1905gm before I chucked on tyres.

Their new range are apparently lighter, but currently around $800ish a set. Can't see any old ones on Jenson at the moment (other than a DH set with 12x150 rear end for $375) but there's still some pre '11 stuff getting around out there elsewhere if you're a time-wasting internet searcher like me.

Pics of mine:

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
+1 for the Havocs. The preferred wheelset for the unco clyde:). I should never have sold mine.