Post your all mountain bike

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
2017 Trance 2

How far we have come, your garden variety Trance 2 is pretty well kitted out of the box.

First few rides, bars and stem changed from 730mm & 70mm (stupid combination anyway) to 780 & 50mm, tyre change, a must.
Rear end the stand out performer on the bike, pedals up hill like a champion, Fox Evol shock fantastic, front end with Fox 34's FIT Grip dampner works ok, but this stage I don't rate it next to my 2014 FIT4 loaded 34's, but it may need to bed in? The 150mm fork on the Trance is just about right (for the riding I have in my local area).
Brakes and tyres rubbish (flatted on the first run and now gone to my trusty Maxxis combos) wheels seem ok (23mm internal width), but time will tell, SLX 1x11 works as expected no problems here, move along people.

Why go the Trance 2, price & availability, no problems running alloy here and got change to buy the bits I feel I need to be as fast as Adam Craig.

Comparing to a 2014 Trance Advanced SX, pedals better, bombs nearly as good, handles very close if not just in front, so overall worth the change to keep up with the Jones.

trance2-17.jpg

Orange Alpine 160

First dually so I'm pretty stoked.

Alpine 160 w/ RP23
Float 36's
Mavic EN321 w/ Hope Pro II's
Nevagals
I-Beam
Answer ProTaper Carbon bars
Race Face Atlas stem
Zee brakes
SLX Shifters
XT front mech
Saint rear mech
XT 2x
Straightline DeFacto pedals

Attachments

Giant Reign 2016

Picked this up on sale.

- I swapped out the seat with a spare I had because the fizik was way too hard for my fragile bottom
- Converted to tubeless
- Four volume spacers added and two bottomless tokens
- LBS threw Giant flat pedals in with the bike so I'll see how they go
- Bottle cage

IMG_2284.jpg

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Intense Tracer

Bike.JPG

I made an impulse purchase of this from Pushys - Intense Tracer Carbon 275. XT build kit. Replacing a Yeti SB66c. Ride report to come.

herbman

Likes Dirt
The reign on the stand after a few upgrades.

New RF SIXC bars, changed levers from the xt m785 to Xt m8000 as I had a small leak in one.
New chain and cluster.

The coil was put on a month and a bit ago and has really made the bike. The new stans flows on hope pro4 were also a step up from the stock wheel set.

Already for a day at blue tier and derby tomorrow :)

Attachments

dunndog

Eats Squid
Nice Cranker! speaking of cranks, how long are yours? Might just be an optical illusion, but they look about 195!

Snapcatcher

Likes Bikes
Wasnt planning to post cause it's not a high end bike, but then thought f**k it. It's my first serious mountain bike and I think it's pretty rad. Had it about 5 weeks and having a blast on it. It could do with a brake upgrade but other than that it's all the bike I need for now. It's a stock 2017 Norco Fluid, 120mm travel, 1x10, dropper, tubeless ready.

Attachments

Snapcatcher

Likes Bikes
Hadnt really noticed that til now. Think I'll adjust that before next ride as I have slipped forward on the seat in fast humps when trying to pedal. Thanks

Mimaki

Squid
Wasnt planning to post cause it's not a high end bike, but then thought f**k it. It's my first serious mountain bike and I think it's pretty rad. Had it about 5 weeks and having a blast on it. It could do with a brake upgrade but other than that it's all the bike I need for now. It's a stock 2017 Norco Fluid, 120mm travel, 1x10, dropper, tubeless ready.
awesome colour in real life!

Hey Snapcatcher,

I'm in a similar position to you (looking to buy my "first serious MTB" for ~ $2k). How are you finding the Fluid? In particular, how's the rear suspension working out for you? I'm kinda deciding between a super-basic dually like this or a better specced plus trail hard tail like the Norco Torrent 7.2.