Post your wicked BANSHEE thread....

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Starting to get an inkling to build another bike. Been wanting a spitty for a long time now. Now sure on the 2017 colours though.

aanon

Likes Dirt
My Phantom, the last time I rode this amount of travel was in the '90s and it sure wasn't this much fun, this bike promotes the ''ride it like you stole it'' approach to riding, far more capable than I imagined it would be.

Attachments

stoo

Likes Dirt

I hates waiting for parts!

I'm using all the bits from the Heckler, it's gone to a new home.

Pro2 Evo / Flow EX 26"
XT785 / Saint 810 brakes
750 Fatbar Lites
SLX Cranks / Deity Skyscrapers
Saint shifter, Zee mech.
Pike 160, 27.5
27.5 DO kit for now ( Waiting on 26" )

And I'm going to try a Bontrager Drop Line 150mm post.
Just in time to wreck all the parts riding through another Ballarat winter!

stoo

Likes Dirt

New toys are slowly arriving, CCDBACS arrived, and headset. Should be right to go for Sundays ride if I borrow a couple of parts from the Rune....

stoo

Likes Dirt

Ready to ride tomorrow!
Moorey lent me a seatpost shim so I can run the 30.9 Lev TI until the new internal post arrives. Otherwise that's about it...

binner

Hath shat hymself
sweat shop

New toys are slowly arriving, CCDBACS arrived, and headset. Should be right to go for Sundays ride if I borrow a couple of parts from the Rune....
Nice JUKI machines there .......almost same set up as I have..... ;-)

binner

Hath shat hymself
hem my pants would ya

A couple of auto Jukis, a compound feed Mitsubishi, Pfaff bartacker and a Singer cylinder for binding. 'You taking the piss?
no, we just purchased a bartack machine, there was some solid coin dropped for that ...lucky it aint my money :)

binner

Hath shat hymself
spaced out

wow ,tall order....... I haven't seen that many spacers used in a while... nice rig man.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
whats the dry weight you got there on that rig o gig....
NFI. Until the motor sheds excess weight, it's a moot point for me. The '17 Phantom has supposedly dropped a pound in weight by using hydroformed tubes in places.

I guess I could hop on the scales holding the bike. old scale though, I suspect it's not accurate.

Noticeably lighter than my Rune, in any case.

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
pound for pund

NFI. Until the motor sheds excess weight, it's a moot point for me. The '17 Phantom has supposedly dropped a pound in weight by using hydroformed tubes in places.

I guess I could hop on the scales holding the bike. old scale though, I suspect it's not accurate.

Noticeably lighter than my Rune, in any case.
yeah, I know the frames were getting lighter by the year ....was interested to see what you got with the build

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
yeah, I know the frames were getting lighter by the year ....was interested to see what you got with the build
Being a 110kg unit, I tend to go for strong components and wheels over light ones. No carbon, everything is alloy.

on the scale, right on 28lbs, so 12.7kg