Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You do know the difference between daytime and nighttime right?
You know the difference betrween fog and clear right? DRLs are unnecessary and just plain bloody annoying in this country. Northern Europe & Asia, and southern South America I can understand, because at high latitudes daylight is kinda weak at certain substantial periods of the year, but even the bottom of Tassie is still relatively temperate latitude and the daylight is pretty decent, so DRLs really don't serve a useful purpose.

And my Subaru's foglights are not wired to double as DRLs; maybe it's 'cos it was built before stupidity took hold.......

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You know the difference betrween fog and clear right? DRLs are unnecessary and just plain bloody annoying in this country. Northern Europe & Asia, and southern South America I can understand, because at high latitudes daylight is kinda weak at certain substantial periods of the year, but even the bottom of Tassie is still relatively temperate latitude and the daylight is pretty decent, so DRLs really don't serve a useful purpose.

And my Subaru's foglights are not wired to double as DRLs; maybe it's 'cos it was built before stupidity took hold.......
All subarus post 2015 I think.

I like DRLs, I think they're a useful item. Especially in this country where high speeds in the country and very bright sunshine are a thing. Especially on some colours of car that blend into the scenery...

In bright conditions, cars can be hard to spot too...

stirk

Burner
All subarus post 2015 I think.

I like DRLs, I think they're a useful item. Especially in this country where high speeds in the country and very bright sunshine are a thing. Especially on some colours of car that blend into the scenery...

In bright conditions, cars can be hard to spot too...
If it's early sunset and the sun's in your eyes I'll agree it's hard to see anything at all and drl won't do much then.

I'm putting lipstick on a pig, old rusty bumper has been annoying me for a while.

IMG_20181104_143106420_HDR-2137x1202.jpg

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm thinking about getting this, not sure why but I reckon it's pretty neat and will look ace with roof racks etc (bikes probably wont fit inside).

Does anyone have any experience with these or their ilk...talk me out of it before this timebomb attaches itself to my wallet.

Last edited:

clockworked

Like an orange
Does anyone have any experience with these or their ilk...
Yep! I drove the last suzuki carry model (before it became the apv) as a delivery van and it was a heap of shit. It was so close to being likeable but it was shit in town and even shitter on the highway. It was surprisingly top heavy too.

Itd be great for 3 things:
1. deliverying autoparts within a 20km radius. That'd weigh it down enough to not want to tip over at each corner
2. Keeping your boogie board in your car for a quick surf before and after school
3. Keeping your bmx for a quick ride. Again, before or after school.

If you wanted to do the full size version or 2 and 3, you'd want to get a full size van.

It wasn't all bad; it was incredibly cheap to run

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I'm thinking about getting this, not sure why but I reckon it's pretty neat and will look ace with roof racks etc (bikes probably wont fit inside).

Does anyone have any experience with these or their ilk...talk me out of it before this timebomb attaches itself to my wallet.

Oh jeezus.
I suspect that going uphill with 2 adults & a head-wind would be slower than jogging up said hill.....

....backwards.....

....dragging an anvil....

....in the dark.....

....with a dwarf strapped to your back.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yep! I drove the last suzuki carry model (before it became the apv) as a delivery van and it was a heap of shit. It was so close to being likeable but it was shit in town and even shitter on the highway. It was surprisingly top heavy too.

Itd be great for 3 things:
1. deliverying autoparts within a 20km radius. That'd weigh it down enough to not want to tip over at each corner
2. Keeping your boogie board in your car for a quick surf before and after school
3. Keeping your bmx for a quick ride. Again, before or after school.

If you wanted to do the full size version or 2 and 3, you'd want to get a full size van.

It wasn't all bad; it was incredibly cheap to run
Good info, cheers.

This will be a weekender only and it most likely wouldn't leave the city confines, maybe a few goes on a Parkway or motorway here and there to get to trails/beach so the wife and kinds can have the main driver on a Sat/Sun morning, it'll only be me in it at this stage as the kids are still in boosters.

The top heavy thing doesn't sound too appealing as I reckon the big bike might struggle to fit (even on the diagonal) with the front wheel still on hence the thought of roof racks, other bikes would fit easily enough, surf boards are definitely on the roof.

Oh jeezus.
I suspect that going uphill with 2 adults & a head-wind would be slower than jogging up said hill.....

....backwards.....

....dragging an anvil....

....in the dark.....

....with a dwarf strapped to your back.
Yeah, I kinda realise I won't be setting any land speed records in this.

Shit cars are great! Get it, they’re hilarious.

Or buy something like this and turn it into a really cool camper thing

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ferndale/cars-vans-utes/suzuki-carry-ute/1199559287
Fark driving that back over from WA.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@nzhumpy
Theres a yellow one kicking around alexandria thats been done up like a tonka truck. Soooooo good!

It’d be a trip you’d never forget

stirk

Burner
Probably for all the wrong reasons.

Wouldn't mind seeing that Tonka one.
Old cars are cool, hard to find parts for them but rewarding knowing you drive a rare car which shows you are a rare person who respects the past.

This little van needs a name....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Except two of the numpties drone on and on without actually saying anythjng. Good build th

Mid mounted V8 twin turbo with transaxle. Job done.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Except two of the numpties drone on and on without actually saying anythjng. Good build th

Mid mounted V8 twin turbo with transaxle. Job done.
You beat me to it....
I was gonna say, swap in a GSX1300R Hayabusa engine and then I'd start warming to it.
....but yeah, V8 TT works too!