Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
I did a 12 A rotary conversion* into a Mazda bongo van about a million years ago... it did 12 inch wheel stands until the front end shat itself. Was good...evil but good. how's your welding/fabricating?
* not registered or engineered,....only driven around Kalgoorlie.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just turbo a twin cam Suzi motor in it and V8s wouldn't even know what went past them.
Welded in cage. Fuel cell over rear axle. Busa mounted in passengers seating position. 30-40psi boost.

Cut out roof, carbon inlay.

You'll need to kidnap the roads authorities engineers kids for ransom for him to pass it though with a 3000% increase in power.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Got a little 2wd hilux earlier in the year that I’ve now had a bit of time to start kitting out. I’ve always liked the look of the Dakar / prerunner style utes over the ARB/ TJM style touring rigs hence the 2wd. And it’s never as fun going for a bash in a 50k car compared to a 5grand beater :)

Started out with a set of evo corse wheels wrapped with toyo all terrains in 32, rooftop tent and some fox suspension. I’ll probably strip the interior out and put in some dynamatt and new sound system when time permits.

And a set of fox 2.0 remote res for the rear and some 2.5 for the front.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Thanks! Wheels are 17 with a 0 offset, tyres are 265 70 17. I Got them from GPracegear
Dampers were from Hardiman ATV. His prices are better than most of the other places such as phatbars etc and his customer service and communication has been great.
I was a bit skeptical buying them from phatbars with their claims they get them valved for Australian conditions etc, as far as I know they don’t do rebuilds there and just sell them from Fox. Mikes shock shop in Brisbane is another place that I looked at for the equivalent kings shock. The guys there were also really helpful.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ironman are doing good things with shocks, not sure if the latest are available yet. Your front bushes look unhappy.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
All springs sag. I have worked on some of the gear, revalving the foam cell shocks and struts. Well made and good gear. Adjustable height on the front. I would put it on my Paradoes.