Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

The Olden Dazed
Staff member
My previous 3 year old KO2s found their way onto two spares and the camper, this trip with significant rain on a few tight mountain passes has convinced me to dump those and shift the 60% worn Scorpian AT+ to this duty and get some new ones for the 4wd. I had to drop the camper brakes to '3' down one range to stop the camper sliding past the 4wd. Useless fucking tyres...

Dales Cannon

The Olden Dazed
Staff member
I'm not a car geek at all, but that was cool. Road registered too. How will the bike rack affect the wing's performance?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Negligible.
Was one of my favourites. These guys have (I think) been more approachable than other world series racing. Was easy to get to talk with Tommi, Possum and Colin Mc at various events and M. Loeb was no different.

binner

Yellow Underwear Person
finally found what i wanted to play with....
2011 T31 6 speed manual turbo diesel xtrail
I started off ditching the rims and adding Kings 17 inch rims with Dueler 225 65 17s, drained all oils and refreshed with Penrite including gearbox and diff. .... added some usb charge ports in console and rear for the kids to charge their junk. Next I installed the rear lift, i didnt go stoopid and went with Pedders coils with KYB shocks, gained around 30mm lift. Next is front lift ( Gabriel and King springs) and adding rear spots plus a curved light bar on front. Sent the bashie off to powdercoater but will be hitting it with Upol raptor same with front n rear plastic bumper............................... Stay tuned.....

Attachments

Last edited:

binner

Yellow Underwear Person
slapped in a UHF and Tekonsha electric brakes for when we camp with friends and my camp trailer. These UHF's are awesome, all in one on the mic and I added a speaker under the steering column which is super loud and clear for an old dude like me with bad hearing. Will add a EVC throttle controller when I'm totally convinced it needs one.... ;););)

Attachments

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
Whoops. Bought another Reno… Has a transmission fault that’s probably a $50 solenoid in the valve body, has a ding on the rear, heater fan needs doing that’s a dash out job and it doesn’t start. What could possibly go wrong? But for $200 plus a tow I’ll at least get some better wheels for the Megane (once I repaint them).

Fix it up with a few parts I already have and flip it. Make some pocket money for bike stuff…

1376BF35-A275-4AF9-B7F2-6B5CCAA6B829.jpeg

fatboyonabike

Wheel size expert
Whoops. Bought another Reno… Has a transmission fault that’s probably a $50 solenoid in the valve body, has a ding on the rear, heater fan needs doing that’s a dash out job and it doesn’t start. What could possibly go wrong? But for $200 plus a tow I’ll at least get some better wheels for the Megane (once I repaint them).

Fix it up with a few parts I already have and flip it. Make some pocket money for bike stuff…

View attachment 377870
wow..what a good looking machine!
I just got a little bit of sick in the back of my throat from this

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
Meh, they’re at least not a clone :) As a passenger car though they’re phenomenal. Interior design and layout is super practical and spacious.

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
Anyway. It was $200… I’ll go over it on the weekend and see if it’s worth resurrecting. Otherwise part it out.