Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Plow King

Little bit.
I ducking hate my life I swear to god

driven it for all of an hour. Had it parked went 3 minutes up at the at 2k rpm and it passes out steam. Fuck cars

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really shouldn't be admitting this, but I had a good chuckle when I read this Plow. :p

Though seriously mate, your luck is messed up. Good luck trying to fix it, I'm really feeling for you right now.

CanCer

Likes Dirt
Bad luck and cars go hand in hand.

Mate of mine, in the last 6 months, has been through 2 clutches, two front ends and a gearbox as well as having knock issues in his supercharged Celica.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Bad luck and cars go hand in hand.

Mate of mine, in the last 6 months, has been through 2 clutches, two front ends and a gearbox as well as having knock issues in his supercharged Celica.

More power will chew standard drivetrain in alot of cars, its often something that is overlooked.

Also, those wheels are fakes yeah? Just out of interest.

Tuff luck plow :( .

CanCer

Likes Dirt
Haha it's got a lot more to do with his driving style than any weakness of the drivetrain =P And a bit of bad luck with workshops doing a few dodgies.

And no they're real =P

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Haha it's got a lot more to do with his driving style than any weakness of the drivetrain =P And a bit of bad luck with workshops doing a few dodgies.

And no they're real =P
ah i see really? They dont look it, ill take your word for it ;)

Last edited:

CanCer

Likes Dirt
Haha he works at the cas and has quite a bit of $$ to blow =P

Hasn't got them anymore though, he's now running;

Sam.

Eats Squid
So I've convinced the girly to look into a MK IV Golf. Basically she's looking at spending no more than $8,000 but would preferably spend around the $6,000 mark which would put her in the 99-~02 range. Having limited knowledge when it comes to VW, what specifically is there to look out for when buying these cars second hand (aside from basic things such as doing a revs check, checking service history, etc)?

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
I ducking hate my life I swear to god

driven it for all of an hour. Had it parked went 3 minutes up at the at 2k rpm and it passes out steam. Fuck cars
i seem to remember having a conversation with you about getting a decent workshop to check it over first and you replying with that being a waste of time. when i bought my car, not only did i get a dealship to check it over first (they'll know of ANY little niggles to find as they can make money off me fixing them, or so they think) and i did a full service on it even though it was claimed (and in the logbooks) to be up to date. oil, filter, fuel, coolant, brakes, gearbox, both diffs, plugs, bottle of injector cleaner, manifold cleaner (seafoam), the works.

this isn't coincidence. take it to a workshop, and get it checked before something lets go & f**ks ten other parts with it when it does and get a full service done.

in fact, i'm going to be in sydney tonight and can come check it out for you. a simple coolant flush & checking the thermostat isn't stuck is probably all you need.

Last edited:

Hew

Likes Dirt
So the Rexcel blew a rear engine oil seal the other day.

Anyone recommend a good place to get it fixed? My current place quoted me 900-1000 which is a lot less than I was thinking, but still quite a lot.

Any suggestions as to what I can do other than just get it fixed? I was running a thicker oil for about 3-4 months and it seemed to hold off the inevitable for a few months, wondering if just putting more thick oil in it will help it hold out for a little while longer?

Plow King

Little bit.
Radiator top tank had a airline crack in it which decided to give way on the day I started driving it. So I gotta get that repaired and if not I'm looking at a new radiator

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Radiator top tank had a airline crack in it which decided to give way on the day I started driving it. So I gotta get that repaired and if not I'm looking at a new radiator

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
just buy a new rad. a big one. you don't want a plastic weld or something on a radiator.

Last edited: