rock trail gp at stromlo

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get how we are coming back (via double dissolution, ringtail etc... but what tracks are we using to head out west?

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
I get how we are coming back (via double dissolution, ringtail etc... but what tracks are we using to head out west?
*sorry I don't know track names and the interactive stromlo map doesn't have track names*
Looks the same as the Scott course, without the furthest loops. We're using the very bottom of the easy green green climb track, then we turn onto right fire trail over the DH and up to homeview where we go under the bridge then hard left and up to the firetrail - straight over it onto a blue track between homeview and wombat jnc.
From Wombat we take the blue climb almost up to the next fire trail before a sandy descent with a few switch backs brings back onto firetrail. Short stint on firetrail (unless the track biulding has continued) and onto Willo's trail which runs parallel to the firetrail out to the furthest point on the course.
Then (there's no double dissolution as far as I can tell) we go into I think it's called party line? and head back.

:( Little disappointing we're basically riding the Scott again would have been nice to ride some different trails.

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Just to help with track names.

From the Event centre you go up Fenceline, then down to Remnants to Homeview Junction, head up Blackberry Climb then up the firetrail to Slant Six to Wombat Junction. Cross over the firetrail to Bluetongue, then down Little Seymour. On to Willo Link which takes you out to the furthest point in the course which is Party line. Then you come home via Dingo, then cross the firetrail up to White Gums (see saw here). Then Ringtail to Wombat Junction, then down on Breakout, through to Muckraker and then under the bridge at Homeview Junction down Old Duffy Descent and thats pretty much it.

So basically the same course as the Scott 24 hour apart from all the stuff out the back.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Thanks for all your help with the track names. There are limited carspots near the camping so it depends how many people will camp. If there are a lot we will ask you to drop your gear and park your car at the carpark.
If you have a caravan or trailer you can of course camp at the carpark.

As the Scott and Worlds used pretty much all the tracks out there it's hard to find something new. We had 2 races at Stromlo in the past and wanted to change the track. Also cutting out the big climb will make it friendly for all Stromlo first timers.

We are really looking forward to this weekend - it will be a blast. Remember to stick around for Sunday's Pedal 4 Pierce and the MTB Crown.

kilaton

Likes Bikes
roccky trail

Mate everything sounds great , especially the rider friendly part . The tracks from reading all the other threads sounds as though they will be fun, if Del Rio was anything to go by it will be a great weekend . Have never rode stromlo but have been there many times so am looking forward to my first ride there .
Keep up the great work rocky trails .

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
As the Scott and Worlds used pretty much all the tracks out there it's hard to find something new. We had 2 races at Stromlo in the past and wanted to change the track. Also cutting out the big climb will make it friendly for all Stromlo first timers.
Very true, you can't really make a unique track so soon after that event, oh well I'm sure it'll still be awesome and at least i should have the lines down after the Scott :p

See you all there!

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
Ooooh man, did the course last night - Welcome to Rut World. It's pretty damn nasty. Not so bad sticking on the sides of the ST - but it will bring the beginners unstuck (as I'm told this event is usually great for)

Specifically on the second half of little seymour (on the mountain side of the FT) and coming back on White Gums/Breakout/Muckraker. I don't know what RT are going to organise, but something definitely needs to be done.

Party Line is immaculate. There is no double dissolution as far as I can tell on this route.

I like it. When it's dry. It's been quite wet here of late.

muvro

Likes Dirt
I reckon the 'generally' the track was good at the end of the scott. Bedded in nicely, personally I thought it was a tad slippery to start off. But that could just be me... lol

rideabike

Likes Bikes
Track Condition

Really looking forward to the event, and first Rocky Trail enduro, so should be good!Did the Scott in teams, and absolutely loved the course.

I did however go out this morning, and the track (like previously mentioned) is RUT CITY. There are some nasty ones in there, and with all the rain it's just gotten worse. I ended up turning around it was so bad, parts of the course have literally washed away...

Does anyone know if there will be any track maintenance before the event? It will definitely be needed!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if the teams course is so bad maybe we should get out on the solo course...

actually, nevermind... i've had enough to last me a life time

perhaps its time we busted out hammerhead again :p

trailburner

Just spoke to the Stromlo guys and track maintenance is scheduled for this week and next so the tracks will be in mint condition. They also know which tracks we want to use for the races and will work especially on them. :cool:

toby

Likes Dirt
Just spoke to the Stromlo guys and track maintenance is scheduled for this week and next so the tracks will be in mint condition. They also know which tracks we want to use for the races and will work especially on them. :cool:

Sounds great! This will be my girlfriends first race at Stromlo and I was hoping she was going to enjoy the Rocky races as much as I have throughout the year. By the sounds of it I have nothing to worry about.

Will be camping on Friday night so hoping for some good weather!

trailburner

Pedal4Pierce and WIN!

At the 2010 Rocky Trail racing finale with the local charity Pedal4Pierce on 19-21 November at Stromlo Forest Park you can WIN a brand-new Shimano Dyna-Sys XTR Drivetrain!

Register for the Rocky Trail MTB Crown or just the Rocky Trail MTB Grand Prix and send an email to cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com, completing the following sentence:

“With a new Shimano Dyna-Sys XTR Drivetrain I can Pedal4Pierce faster, because....”

For more information visit www.rockytrailentertainment.com and terms and conditions are here: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/pdf/A30_XTR-comp.pdf

abenny111

Likes Bikes
Just did a few laps of the course is looking pretty good, should be good fun

trailburner

Just spoke to Ondrej from Bernard beer: they need to clear some space in the warehouse and he will bring finisher's beers for everyone at the MTB Crown as well as prizes for top 10 of every category! :D

kilaton

Likes Bikes
test run

was wondering after rego on Friday , think it was 3 o'clock , can we do a test run of track to be used on saturday . :eek:

trailburner

was wondering after rego on Friday , think it was 3 o'clock , can we do a test run of track to be used on saturday . :eek:
no problem - we will also use the same track for the Il Pastaio Twilight Race that evening. Nothing too serious - just collecting some points towards the King of the Hill crown.