rock trail gp at stromlo

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Things to look forward to this weekend besides all the great racing and pedalling: free Red Bull and Bernard Beer, Il Pastaio Pasta Bar, Shimano XTR drivetrain giveaway, Jumping Castle for kids on Sunday, tons of prizes from: JetBlack, Shimano, Crowne Plaza Canberra, Bernard, Verofit. Free ant stickers for your bike (d...ouble serve as frame protectors). And the list goes on...

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
Here's the offending part (just a little better quality) from the same ride.

photo (1).jpg
photo (2).jpg
photo.jpg

It's fairly easy to navigate, and the photos probably don't do it justice as you come up to it somewhat blind - but after 4 or 8 hours of people going through???

btw - this is on the end of little seymour close to where it spits you out onto the FT.

The last third of ST after party line is pretty rubbish too. There's going to be carnage with the supposed beginner factor of these races.

trailburner

We'll head to Stromlo tomorrow and will look at which sections of track we will use and which ones we won't - see above!

Thanks for the heads up, but I am pretty confident that we will find some good fun tracks out there which are in good conditions.

trailburner

Shimano XTR Comp and Registration extended until Thursday night. Weather forecast for the weekend in Canberra is looking good! You can sign up for the MTB Crown on Sunday morning as well. Fantastic weekend here we come!

toby

Likes Dirt
Really looking forward to getting out and racing this weekend.... Rocky Trail guys run the best events around - especially for those of us who ain't racing for sheepstations!

I'm totally confident they will set up a course that suits all comers and puts a smile on everyone's dial.

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
We'll head to Stromlo tomorrow and will look at which sections of track we will use and which ones we won't - see above!

Thanks for the heads up, but I am pretty confident that we will find some good fun tracks out there which are in good conditions.
Any info on course changes?

krisko

Likes Dirt
I rode the proposed course last night. Hmmmm I can not see how Little Seymour could be fixed in time. Their is alot of work involved in rectifing the washout that 20-30m mud pit!

My suggestion would be to drop the climb and little seymour and run people down 'double dissolution' then back up the fire road to 'partlyine'

Having said that I didn't ride double dissolution....

Another option would be to run people left after 'willows trail' on the singletrack and come back on the fire road to 'partyline'

Also the creek on Slant six is very dangerous take the obvious line from the top and you will drop into a 50cm deep rut! The only way to ride it is on your right that also has the potential to steer you into the rut!

Thanks TVE you do such a wonderful job! I haven't even mentioned all the other deep ruts on the core loop!

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
What do TVE do again? Thats right, they are meant to manage the park!
My guess is that they have looked at it and decided that there is not much point in fixing the trails when Canberra has been getting a running 2 week forecast of rain, rain and more rain.

That side of Stromlo generally seems to suffer more from wet weather too as it lies in the path of all the water washing down from the top - basically make it a little swampy.

All my opinion though. Could be wrong - often am.

muvro

Likes Dirt
I rode the proposed course last night. Hmmmm I can not see how Little Seymour could be fixed in time. Their is alot of work involved in rectifing the washout that 20-30m mud pit!

My suggestion would be to drop the climb and little seymour and run people down 'double dissolution' then back up the fire road to 'partlyine'

Having said that I didn't ride double dissolution....

Another option would be to run people left after 'willows trail' on the singletrack and come back on the fire road to 'partyline'

Also the creek on Slant six is very dangerous take the obvious line from the top and you will drop into a 50cm deep rut! The only way to ride it is on your right that also has the potential to steer you into the rut!

Thanks TVE you do such a wonderful job! I haven't even mentioned all the other deep ruts on the core loop!
I'm all up for DD, that run is great!

rideabike

Likes Bikes
My guess is that they have looked at it and decided that there is not much point in fixing the trails when Canberra has been getting a running 2 week forecast of rain, rain and more rain.

That side of Stromlo generally seems to suffer more from wet weather too as it lies in the path of all the water washing down from the top - basically make it a little swampy.

All my opinion though. Could be wrong - often am.
Regardless of the forecast, the reality is it hasn't rained here all week (maybe the odd sprinkle here and there:p).

There is no excuse for ruts that big being there, as the least that could have been done is for them to be filled, even if the rest of the track was left how it is.

Anyway, looking forward to the event, see you guys out there!