Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

Slezoj

Likes Dirt
Great effort

Thanks to all the officials who helped great day!! .
All rider who overtook me were so polite any nearly all said thanks.
Sore lower back maybe because first time cliped in.
My garmin keep on beeping to high hart rate maybe set to low it was between 85%-90% once got to 95% with this madman behind me with a video comentating on my riding made my day.
Cheers Neil
Hi Neil,

It was a great day for sure. Our first 8hour in a team so it was great experience.
Just wondering if you have any podium pictures of our team. I couldn't take any cause I have been on the podium;). Thanks

taibo

Eats Squid
Hi Neil,

It was a great day for sure. Our first 8hour in a team so it was great experience.
Just wondering if you have any podium pictures of our team. I couldn't take any cause I have been on the podium;). Thanks
LOL Ondrej! got tickets on yourself? :p:)
Well done on results!

toby

Likes Dirt
Another awesome Rocky Trail event. Great track, good vibe and lots of smiles all-round.

This was my wife's first race in this format and she loved it as well... but hopefully at the other races in the rounds we will see more ladies competing. We were the only truely mixed team in the mixed threes... and it would be nice to see some other teams up against us in future rounds.

Slezoj

Likes Dirt
For Beer Lover

Hi guys for all Bernard Beer lovers and our team followers, we have just received first few sets of our merchandise jersey + bibs sets. So if you keen to buy one see more info at our webpage.

front.jpg

kilaton

Likes Bikes
mt annan

As per usual a great race , great set up , great track , very hard and tight and a lot of pedalling not many areas for rest . As for women at the event I thought the ones that were there looked really fantastic , made the riding a little bit easier when being overtaken by the women .

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
Hi Neil,

Only have pics of 4hr no riding pics any one wants preso let me know.

Cheers Neil

kilaton

Likes Bikes
Point score

was just wondering if the points have been posted yet for the Mount Annan race, if yes where . cant wait for round 2 , could you have squeezed another round in before july if possible .

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Series points and ranking has just been updated:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/MTBGP-results.html

Also the ranking of the JetBlack Bike Shop Trophy after Round 1 is here:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/MTBGP-bikeshoptrophy.html

Registration for Round 2 is open too:
http://regonline.activeglobal.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=961676

Looking forward to it. We have just been to Awaba last weekend to organise the Downhill State Champs and we were able to go for a quick spin - the tracks are fantastic! Both XC and DH.

The reason for the break between round 1 and 2 is our new event: the Wild Wombat Challenge in Styria, Austria. If any of you are over there at the time (Dave, Ondrej?) let us know. The website is www.rockytrail.at (sorry it's german only at this stage).

trailburner

Round 4 - date changed

Hi guys,

Please note that we changed the date of the final round at Mt Stromlo. We pushed it back by 1 week to create the Rocky Trail Ueber weekend:

Saturday - 24 September:
Shimano MTB Grand Prix final round
Deciding round for the JetBlack Bike Shop Trophy

Sunday - 25 September:
Pedal4Pierce charity ride
Banzai LifeCycle round 3
Red Ass 4X State Series finale
Red Ass Dual Slalom Series finale

Read about it exclusively on Enduropulse:
http://www.enduropulse.com.au/news/249-ep-exclusive-the-rocky-trail-mtb-ueber-weekend

trailburner

can't wait!!!

Going to be an Epic weekend! :)
Oh yes - we will need quite a lot of help with it so if you want to score a free entry for an event on one day - just help us out on the other day. "Work" is usually a lot of fun and includes riding your bike.

muvro

Likes Dirt
Oh yes - we will need quite a lot of help with it so if you want to score a free entry for an event on one day - just help us out on the other day. "Work" is usually a lot of fun and includes riding your bike.
Count me in. I'll be there for the GP4, P4P and the 4X and DS. See you out there.

Are we having a twighlight race on the friday night again?

That was fun. But I'll make sure I'm there on time this time... LOL :)

trailburner

Lots of registrations are coming in - thanks for registering early guys! This makes planning so much easier.

Just came back from a 6 week stint in Austria where we organised the first Wild Wombat MTB Challenge (very similar concept to the GP). Everyone had a ball - 100 starters which was great for a small town in the middle of nowhere and more spectators than I have ever seen at our events. For the german speakers have a look here (the Austrian Rotoburn): http://nyx.at/bikeboard/Board/showthread.php?148298-Wild-Wombat-MTB-Challenge

Next weekend we are in Coffs Harbour at the RedAss DH final round and on the weekend after it's time for some serious Grand Prix racing in Awaba.
Can't wait to see you all again.

trailburner

We got the legendary orange drinking bottles for all riders again - this time we made the 500ml version. A bit smaller to fit all bike frames plus in winter you won't need to drink that much anyways.

kilaton

Likes Bikes
rocky trail at awaba

was just wondering what the length of the track will be and how technical is awaba for us people with no ability ( namely me ) , in comparison to stromlo from last year , del rio , blue gum lodge and yarromundee . many thanks and see everyone at awaba.:)

Rida

Likes Bikes
was just wondering what the length of the track will be and how technical is awaba for us people with no ability ( namely me ) , in comparison to stromlo from last year , del rio , blue gum lodge and yarromundee . many thanks and see everyone at awaba.:)
Awaba is technically way easier than del rio, stromlo and yarramundi. It's quite hilly and sustained though, with only a few rest spots where you can easily sit up and take in food/drink - makes for a reasonably challenging course for a 4 or 8 hr solo.