Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
50 pushups, even 7 pushups, with proper technique can be very hard - not cheating push-ups. Proper, all the way to the ground, and hands appropriately spaced.
Try this:
Do one push-up in any position.
Now do another, but with your hands each about 8-10 inches further outwards from last time.
Now do another, but with your hands each about 8-10 inches inwards from the first time.

Now use the first position again but move them 8 inches back.
Now again, 8-10 inches forward from the first position.

See how much difference there is?

History tells me it takes me about 8 weeks to work back up to being able to do 100.

For those doing core training, we should really also be counting V-Snaps and Bridge twists.
I don't think anyone has to be that anal about it personally, this is meant to be for fun but I guess there's always the few skeptics out there. It's more a way of motivating yourself to do more for me...

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I updated the OP and started writing up the rules but I can only post 1 video per post, I accidentally hit cancel and lost everything :/ I'll have to try again and post links instead.

What's required method for box jump?
I can jump on to a yellow lid garbage bin from stand still bother legs with bricks under it? I I think thats pushing like 140cmish? Haven't measured though.

Pullups - over under or wide trip?
You can jump onto anything, just measure how high the platform is off the ground and go with that. Pullups can be done with any grip.

Grrilla

Likes Bikes
I updated the OP and started writing up the rules but I can only post 1 video per post, I accidentally hit cancel and lost everything :/ I'll have to try again and post links instead.
If you need video links, you should find some in the exercise index of www.elitefts.net for the lifting related stuff.

0psi

Eats Squid
It seems there are some free divers on here so some lazy man stats too?
Static breath hold 5:20sec
Constant balast 30.4M
I'll see that. Static was about the same as yours, a shade over 5 and a half.
Constant weight 48m. Well, water was 48m deep and me couldn't go any further!
Disclaimer: I did work for a dive shop and may have taken 6 months off, lived on a remote beach and spearfished every day. Hey, someone's got to do it!

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Got an official 10km time from the Twilight Running Festival earlier this year. Shuffled my way through in under an hour: 59:48. Have a 5km split from the same race of 26:48.

Last edited:

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I once got a fairly unfit bloke with zero experience to do a 3:30 in one afternoon. I'm pretty proud of that.
do me, do me!

did the city to surf in 70min and can do 30 pushups in one go. im a twig though.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well you're a lot fitter than the other guy so next time you're in Sydney. . . . . .
how fit do you need to be to lie face down in water for 3 1/2 mins, all you have to do is not DIE.....

seriously though it's amazing how quickly the mind adapts to high levels of C02, you just have to tell yourself you wont die and it's quite easy.
But - i just googled the record 22mins, 22seconds, what a lazy bastard becoming world champ for doing nothing for 22mins. There can't be another sport where to win you have to do nothing.....

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/05/german-diver-sets-breath-holding-record-22-minutes-22-seconds/

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I added "Static Breath Hold" or "Static Apnea" to the list for the free-divers among us. I reckon it will be abit of fun come summer time ;)

Also updated the OP.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been focusing more on cardio for racing over the last month or so, but not long ago my PBs were:

Flat bench press: 120kg x 4
Deadlift: 140kg
Squat: 135kg x 5 ? (Not sure on the reps, it was around that) Never gone too heavy due to a slightly dodge knee.
Pushups: 50
Chest dips: 29
Military press: 60kg (one bung shoulder)
Pullups: 20
Weighted pullups: 25kg x 8 (love these !)

5km run: 24min (actually 5.5km with some hills)

Oh and weight is 85kg.

Last edited:

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put me down for 4:32 static breath hold

In the interest of nobody dieing I would like to see a rule for this that times must be dry static only (no water) UNLESS under trained supervision or in competition. IMO very good call not adding a depth category too.

I'm making good progress with my weight lifting at the moment so I won't add anything there until that slows down a bit.

0psi

Eats Squid
In the interest of nobody dieing I would like to see a rule for this that times must be dry static only (no water) UNLESS under trained supervision or in competition. IMO very good call not adding a depth category too.
+1.

I've passed out underwater, it's not fun.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put me down for 4:32 static breath hold

I'm making good progress with my weight lifting at the moment so I won't add anything there until that slows down a bit.
Yep, not really like the push up rules......

This should ONLY EVER be done under supervision with buddy in physical contact at all times and in water IMO.
Not something to try after a few beers.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well you're a lot fitter than the other guy so next time you're in Sydney. . . . . .
ill take you up on that!

was going to start trying in our pool, but not keen to pass out!

anyone here doing the tough mudder?

J

JaRedy

Ha, you actually put my scores on the leaderboard. Theres an obligation for me to boost those numbers now, thanks!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OP Updated.

I might start doing pushups and pullups again. I need to be at the top of at list one list :loco:

0psi

Eats Squid
With any luck we'll have a marathon time on the board tomorrow, probably won't be a good one but it'll be a time!