Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't forget to swap those breath hold times around next time you update the scores. I think somebody else mentioned a 5+ minute time somewhere too

0psi

Eats Squid
Don't forget to swap those breath hold times around next time you update the scores. I think somebody else mentioned a 5+ minute time somewhere too
That was possibly be me but I can't remember exactly what it was, it was 5:40something which just won't cut it for the leaderboard. I'll try to get a proper time soon, will probably be around the 4:30 mark though.

I did however get a time to put up on the marathon board. I said it wouldn't be pretty but courtesy of my left calf detonating at the 17k mark it was absolute shit. Fotunately I'm not too bright so I did make it to the line in about 4:58. I'll get the exact time when they come up, my Garmin says 5:00.52 but I did forget to turn it off till well after I got into the medical tent.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did the The Epic 50km today in 3:35ish. Was alot better then I was hoping! I had no training going into it so under 4hrs is alright lol.

Hew

Likes Dirt
ALL of the guys I train with, both kickboxing and in the gym, would struggle to do it properly and there is some seriously strong (and fit) people in that group!
We used to do 50+ military style pushups at school training when we were in year 10. I don't see it as that hard if you have a lean body.

Plow King

Little bit.
Haha. I wasnt sure on the form. Im assuming horizontal is ok or do I need to go deeper? Im guessing if I wasnt a fat fuck i could do alot better. Lol

spj

Likes Bikes
Most pushups:
76 - after a full shoulder workout

Most pullups:
Dunno

Most dips:

Most muscle ups:
Not quite there yet :p

Biggest Bench:
80kg

Biggest Military Press:
80kg

Biggest Squat:
115kg

Haven't done one rep maxes for anything before so those are all for 8 reps. Bodyweight is about 77kg.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha. I wasnt sure on the form. Im assuming horizontal is ok or do I need to go deeper? Im guessing if I wasnt a fat fuck i could do alot better. Lol
Yep, upper arms should be horizontal at the bottom of the dip. Ill try them again in a week or two, getting over a tweaked back at the moment..

driftking

Wheel size expert
Pull ups? wide, close shoulder width and over or under hand grip

Im assuming its shoulder width under hand grip? I might hit some up know. also whats the limit of lowering and up, im guessing obvious chin over bar but lowering how low? horizontal arms? full lower where at.....

If its chin over and lower to right angle or bicep horizontal. Under grip shoulder width. Put me down for 20.

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I replied to you last time you asked :p pullups are any grip.

Each pullup must be chin to the bar and dropped to full extension. No kipping. Dead hang all the way!

I really need to post up some rules, I haven't had much time to do that lately. Will be soon!

driftking

Wheel size expert
I replied to you last time you asked :p pullups are any grip.

Each pullup must be chin to the bar and dropped to full extension. No kipping. Dead hang all the way!

I really need to post up some rules, I haven't had much time to do that lately. Will be soon!
Cheers Steve I didn't see your other reply. My last question was about the box jump I believe. I had a trawl through but must have missed it sorry. Yeah rules might be a good idea, lots of variations on some of them.
Help keep results on a even playing field. I'll see how My weak ass manages dead hang pull ups aha. Cheers. And I'll check out the box jump reply.

Edit: found it this time haha. Cheers. I forgot a asked about pull ups.
I might have to see if If I can still jump onto a bin. It's been a while it's a solid 140ish I think so fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How recent do these have to be? All of my running times were 18+ months ago...should that really count?

<Mattydv> 5km run: 19:38
<Mattydv> 10km run: 41:20
<Mattydv> Marathon: 3:36:38
<Mattydv> Beep Test: 13.6
<Mattydv> Deadlift: 170kg
<Mattydv> Bench: 82.25kg
<Mattydv> Squat: 120kg

Edit: Cressa, how is your marathon prep going?

Last edited:

cressa

Likes Dirt
How recent do these have to be? All of my running times were 18+ months ago...should that really count?

<Mattydv> 5km run: 19:38
<Mattydv> 10km run: 41:20
<Mattydv> Marathon: 3:36:38
<Mattydv> Beep Test: 13.6
<Mattydv> Deadlift: 170kg
<Mattydv> Bench: 82.25kg
<Mattydv> Squat: 120kg

Edit: Cressa, how is your marathon prep going?

Funny story that. I decided to stick to the half. Training was going well and was on track until the last month when I let it slip pretty bad and only did about 30ks for the month (in contrast to the 110+ks per month for the previous 3). But was still confident of running under 2hrs as i'd done 19k at 5.30 pace 5 weeks prior.

Race day... my body shut down hard at the 20k mark and I got pulled off the course. I was seriously delirious and confused, could barely remember my own name. Medics ended up sticking a bag of fluids through an IV into me which corrected things a bit.

Lessons learnt:
1) Training should mimic race. Start time was 6am. I didn't do any early morning runs at all in training, it was always late arvo or evening (with a days worth of food onboard)
2) Nutrition - if you plan on eating supplements (endura) on race day, train on it or ya stomach is going to flip out. I didn't put a lot of time into working out what works for me and I got stung.
3) Eat more the day before, I was afraid to eat big the day before to avoid any possibility of having to drop the kids off at the pool mid run. Dumb.
4) Pace - ran the first 10 ks too quick - 15 sec per k faster than target pace seemed cool at the time but sapped me and left me empty.

So, long answer but that's what happened. I'm still training and am going again next year, wiser and better prepared.

met63

Likes Dirt
as of last week:

Squats: 170kg set of 10
Deadlifts: 125kg set of 10...

presses and chin ups i cant do at the moment.. broken elbows dont really help with that.

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
^you should get someone to check your squat and deadlift form. With that ratio something has to be going wrong.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^you should get someone to check your squat and deadlift form. With that ratio something has to be going wrong.
There's definitely something going on! 170x10 is a respectable squat, but a 125kg deadlift is something even Plow could do. :eyebrows:

Just kidding, I love you plow.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funny story that. I decided to stick to the half. Training was going well and was on track until the last month when I let it slip pretty bad and only did about 30ks for the month (in contrast to the 110+ks per month for the previous 3). But was still confident of running under 2hrs as i'd done 19k at 5.30 pace 5 weeks prior.

Race day... my body shut down hard at the 20k mark and I got pulled off the course. I was seriously delirious and confused, could barely remember my own name. Medics ended up sticking a bag of fluids through an IV into me which corrected things a bit.

Lessons learnt:
1) Training should mimic race. Start time was 6am. I didn't do any early morning runs at all in training, it was always late arvo or evening (with a days worth of food onboard)
2) Nutrition - if you plan on eating supplements (endura) on race day, train on it or ya stomach is going to flip out. I didn't put a lot of time into working out what works for me and I got stung.
3) Eat more the day before, I was afraid to eat big the day before to avoid any possibility of having to drop the kids off at the pool mid run. Dumb.
4) Pace - ran the first 10 ks too quick - 15 sec per k faster than target pace seemed cool at the time but sapped me and left me empty.

So, long answer but that's what happened. I'm still training and am going again next year, wiser and better prepared.
Well good to hear you enjoyed it enough to do it again. The experience can be a steep learning curve, keep going and you'll smash it!

And now you've got 12 months to build up to the marathon ;)