Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

jrewing

Eats Squid
Prig won't block the war effort in Ros or Vorenezh, he wants to own it.

I wouldn't say that Wagner has done the bulk of the fighting either (maybe the bulk of the talking...).

It's role of Rosgvardia, the police and the FSB to protect Russia within it's borders, not the military.

I think when this pans out we will find out that the MoD were never starving Prig of resources, more so that he was faking it to claim a reason to usurp Shoigu and he was hording munitions and arms for this insurgency
Good point! Theyve already taken out numerous helicopters and aircraft.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I woke up this morning kinda cheering on the mercenaries- that’s pretty weird- rushed out to get the paper to find that the two toddlers have shaken hands, and prig is on his way back to Ukraine. Obviously it’s not over for prig and he’s still a giant thorn in putins side but. Disappointed.
Giving this story arc 1 out of 5 stars.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Well, that was weird. As some one else commented, it feels more like a mob battle that ended in a sit down than a coup attempt. Don't think it is over yet, there's blood in the water now and I suspect that there was a deal struck with Prig. Do SHoigu and Gerasimov feel nervous? I really have no idea what is going on, few propbably do.

Last thing I saw from him was that Russia now has two presidents.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I woke up this morning kinda cheering on the mercenaries- that’s pretty weird- rushed out to get the paper to find that the two toddlers have shaken hands, and prig is on his way back to Ukraine. Obviously it’s not over for prig and he’s still a giant thorn in putins side but. Disappointed.
Did you actually go out and get a paper? Or was that a nostalgic way of saying "opened Google news browser"?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
According to the Economist, Prig is off to Belarus with his 5,000 besties. And the rest of Wagner will be absorbed into the Russian armed forces.

I look forward to a re-run of Russia 1917, as a liberal dose Wagner revolutionary spices seasons the Russian front lines.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
According to the Economist, Prig is off to Belarus with his 5,000 besties. And the rest of Wagner will be absorbed into the Russian armed forces.

I look forward to a re-run of Russia 1917, as a liberal dose Wagner revolutionary spices seasons the Russian front lines.

Yes. Moves within moves within moves. Interesting stuff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Putin isn't really known for his forgive and forget leadership. I don't see how the Wagner guys can turn around and just get back to it now they have cast the dice. The world wouldn't be safe for them ever again.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Putin isn't really known for his forgive and forget leadership. I don't see how the Wagner guys can turn around and just get back to it now they have cast the dice. The world wouldn't be safe for them ever again.

A mysterious powder will be added to their tea.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Koestler wrote Darkness at Noon as fiction right?

Very unexpected outcome to the last 24 hrs. What next though? Yevgeny Prigozhin holding up Putin’s severed head as a trophy?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If Prigozhin wants to live he really has no choice but to push forward with his bad idea.

Excellent novel too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm going with key Wagner mercenaries falling out of 10-story windows, whilst many miles away from any high-rise buildings.

And possibly an internal power struggle by a new leader...who is pro-putin and suddenly wealthier than ever before. Who will then also possibly fall from a window once their usefulness has expired. One hand washes the other.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Well if nothing else it certainly provided plenty of entertainment on Twitter last night after a few beers. The volume of misinformation being spread by anyone anti-Putin to flood the zone with shit coupled with the obvious panic of various Putin sycophants is all just gloriously ironic.

Watching the misfortune of people who richly deserve it is sooo gooood! If Douglas Adams was right, a supremely powerful new god of schadenfreude has just been born.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Not many people know whats going on! That speech by Putin was Full-on.
Do they share a few Vodkas and carry-on as if words or actions didnt happen.
The silence is eery to me, and i suspect lots of others.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Old mate Prigo seems to be in a spot of bother....

Seems that he was actually hoping to catch Gerasimov and Shoigu in Rostov, but FSB got word of it and removed them. From there Prigo was cuffing it and bit off more than he could chew. He's now a completely spent force and is rethinking his possibly very short future.

I Think people might be overplaying the "Putin has been weakened" line, though. Many dictators (Mugabe, Maduro, Mao, etc.) have faced worse things than this and lived through it to continue their rule.