SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
- The showers running all night, legend however made that happen. Honestly though with the facilities they have there at Stromlo no excuse not to.
Its not quite as easy as you might think. Stromlo has water and power, but the waste system out there is not really capable of handling shower grey water in massive quantities. That means pumpouts throughout the race - which means $$. OK - so that was all factored in.

At previous venues, we have been allowed to discharge shower grey water onto the ground, but not at Stromlo.

ssjgogeta

Likes Dirt
More Results??

Does anyone know if there will be any other break-downs of the results? E.g. Fastest Female laps etc.....

dcrofty

Eats Squid
If anyone could post up any other links to the numerous photographers who were there I'd appreciate it. Wouldn't mind a few photos.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Second that. :)
The official guys were all from Sportograf (link above somewhere) and they have always had amazing quality pictures from several points along course including the automated set ups.

Anyone else out there was just a random with a camera, and we can only hope they post their albums online and the links here :)

Ohh and I just remember something that REALLY annoyed me about this year's Scott... no female T-shirts! For all CORC does for female riding that was poor poor form, I get told that a men's small is the only T-shirt I can have. Sorry men's small doesn't fit me, I'm a GIRL.... yes a girl, I paid the same as any guy, I rode more laps than most guys, I rode faster than most guys and yet the organisers do not think the female riders are important enough to even order female T-Shirts! That really pissed me off, men's small is about 2 sizes too large for me. I race my guts out and get to look like I'm wearing my boyfriends T-shirt? No thanks!

Last edited:

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Yeah Sportograf stuff is always top notch - probably have all their pics online in few days. I've posted this last a few pages back, but anyway here it is again:

http://monnb.smugmug.com/MTB-Riding/Scott-24hr-2010

Only pics of one spot before the top of the campsite decent, at around 10am Sunday. Taken by my non photographer gf while i did some laps. Not much, but something to keep the masses happy until the German guys do their thing ;)

tjb

Likes Dirt
I get told that a men's small is the only T-shirt I can have. Sorry men's small doesn't fit me, I'm a GIRL.... yes a girl, I paid the same as any guy, I rode more laps than most guys, I rode faster than most guys and yet the organisers do not think the female riders are important enough to even order female T-Shirts! That really pissed me off, men's small is about 2 sizes too large for me. I race my guts out and get to look like I'm wearing my boyfriends T-shirt? No thanks!
Aha ... that explains why we got 4 XL tees! Don't worry they were useless too!

chica

Likes Dirt
This is a perennial gripe (sorry, I really feel aweful griping at all.. maybe I should use a different word.. ) - the podium prizes at most MTB events are pretty woeful. 2nd place receives a tyre and a saddlebag???? :rolleyes:
i know the girls team of 4 got $1000 for 2nd prize - they certainly were not expecting it and were pretty happy with it. (we came 2nd in the team of 6 and got a tyre and water bottle - quiet a bit of variance bwtn teams)

I'm not sure everyone enters for a prize, that's just the cream on top for me anyway

nskz

Likes Dirt
last year we registered T shirt size at online rego... why couldn't do that again
It was part of the online rego this time as well. It's fairly weird going to rego and being greeted with a 'one size fits all' t-shirt, sure, we were a bit late but still. Still all wasn't lost, by about hour 2 of the event my 2010 scott24 t-shirt was placed on chain cleaning duties...did a good job :cool:

frensham

Likes Dirt
last year we registered T shirt size at online rego... why couldn't do that again
Pinkbike I feel for you. Not having female t-shirts is pretty inexcusable. However, I think that the organisers need to review the whole t-shirt thing. They cost money and I doubt that that many of us really want or need one (like water bottles). I know that all of mine have ended up in a draw and then used for washing the car or working in the garden or painting the house. I would rather the sponsor who supplies the t-shirts give the money to the organisers to reduce the entry fee and then offer t-shirts for sale as an add-on when entering. This would mean that female t-shirts could be ordered and made in the correct quantities before the event.

Video of the Teams Start, From Onboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJlq7EZOMg

This is a video taken from a chest mounted Go Pro HD from the start of the 2010 Scott 24 Hour Teams event. Damien Enderby carried the camera for the first lap and did a time of 56.11.09. Damien was riding for the Newy Cogheads Mountain Bike Team and entered in the Team of 4 Male 40. After some problems the team went on to get 3rd place overall finish. Sorry there is no riding footage from the camera, it was set up at the correct angle for the ride but Damien copped an elbow at the start and the camera was knocked down to a low angle and you can only see his legs so it is a bit boring after that. The angle was good for the run but not the ride.

Regards Michael

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
They cost money and I doubt that that many of us really want or need one (like water bottles).
I'd like to respectfully offer an different view. I treasure all my event t-shirts, wear them constantly and look forward to getting a new one whenever I go to an event.

Perhaps a simple opt in system for a shirt for an extra few bucks during sign on is the solution.

ssjgogeta

Likes Dirt
RE the supply of incorrect sized T Shirts... This is a huge waste of time, money, energy & resources that could've been better spent elsewhere.

Out team of 6 received 1 Large and 5 XL sized Tees. Only 2 of these shirts will be actually worn.

This should not be allowed to happen. It's such a waste.......

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
I'd like to respectfully offer an different view. I treasure all my event t-shirts, wear them constantly and look forward to getting a new one whenever I go to an event.

Perhaps a simple opt in system for a shirt for an extra few bucks during sign on is the solution.
I agree too, the shirts are great. Sizing was a little dumb though. Like people have said, there was a preference when you paid online, only to be completely ignored in reality.

Its an endurance sports event, I dont understand why there was so many XL/XXL sizes around. I would think the stats would lean towards fit healthy weight riders, read not those really big sizes. Im 193cm and a large fit me fine - but i took an XXL so one of the smaller guys in my team could get a too big large, as opposed to garbage bag sized XXL on him.

muvro

Likes Dirt
I love the shirt, and will go into the sunday best pile.

It shouldn't really be that hard to get the correct sizes I would've thought.

When you sign up/pay. you select the size shirt you want. When rego's close the shirts get ordered. I can see how this may be a problem if regos close very close to the event. But any printer worth their weight, IMO could book in to their work schedual, 'x' amount of shirts to be printed. Then when the regos close, organisers send the sizes requested/required to the printers and they get to work.

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
I had a great time just stated XC racing this year mide age criticise after 50 , Ive done
6 -24hr gokart races and comeing home from a race saw on a sign post MTB 12 hour bike race I thought thats mad hay now Ive done one but 24hr.
Not as fast from a ave 60kmph + in gokart to 1hr 20min per lap only about 12kmph but heaps more fun my my adrenaline throught the roof on a 140mm mtb.
4 laps no flats to slow to get one, got to ride into the dark not good on my eyes for about 15mins at dusk heap of glare dark was much better.Then next ride rode out into the dark, out the back the magpies started cherping then the sun come up coming home how good was that.
Heaps and heaps of riders passed my I said hi to evey one I thinck (I talk to much) and 99% of riders were real nice to me make that 100%.
No real crashes had flates ,clips to hard to get out of.
Only 1 gripe not enough dunnys and not cleaned not a good sight if I had to go bush as people did.
Track was awesome.
Thanks to all the officials great job.
Hope some got pics of me my turn to get some I hope PPPPPPPlease........number 6446 didnt take my camera.
Cheers Neil:) hope spelling ok