SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Roasted Chicken

Likes Bikes
This was my first race, I entered into a team of 6. Was a really great atmosphere, will definitely be back next year. I managed to complete 3 laps with no crashes or flats. Was running Tubed crossmarks at 32/34 psi. I think I might have got lucky cause most of the rest of our guys flatted.
Was a bit disappointing to get an XL tshirt when we specified a M in the initial signup. No biggie I ended up going and buying a big kids shirt, its a snug fit but the grey looks pretty good on.
Gunna work on my fitness for next year, thinking we might enter a team of 4.

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
I agree too, the shirts are great. Sizing was a little dumb though. Like people have said, there was a preference when you paid online, only to be completely ignored in reality.

Its an endurance sports event, I dont understand why there was so many XL/XXL sizes around. I would think the stats would lean towards fit healthy weight riders, read not those really big sizes. Im 193cm and a large fit me fine - but i took an XXL so one of the smaller guys in my team could get a too big large, as opposed to garbage bag sized XXL on him.
Hey! Us fat people have feelings too!

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Thankyou to the person who cut the lock/chain on the main gate on Sunday after the reace so that we could get our cars out before 4pm. Amazingly nothing crazy happened as a result of people getting out before 4pm.
Of course we'll just ignore the fact that everyone blasting their way out of the camping area was crossing a live track on which people were still racing and consequently they were put at risk. Some people just have no idea or consideration for anyone else.

That is the whole point of the gates staying locked, there were potentially riders on course until around 4pm, and their safety comes first at all times (as it was the sweep riders came through the end of Muck Raker at about 2.30pm). The person who cut the chain is a fool.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Of course we'll just ignore the fact that everyone blasting their way out of the camping area was crossing a live track on which people were still racing and consequently they were put at risk. Some people just have no idea or consideration for anyone else.

That is the whole point of the gates staying locked, there were potentially riders on course until around 4pm, and their safety comes first at all times (as it was the sweep riders came through the end of Muck Raker at about 2.30pm). The person who cut the chain is a fool.
Nah I don't think they were crossing the course... this was the gate that joins the main car park to the adjacent camping area... it was a fair distance from either track (not saying it was right to the cut the chain, just saying they weren't putting riders in danger)

Tacky Monster

Likes Dirt
Ohh and I just remember something that REALLY annoyed me about this year's Scott... no female T-shirts! For all CORC does for female riding that was poor poor form, I get told that a men's small is the only T-shirt I can have. Sorry men's small doesn't fit me, I'm a GIRL.... yes a girl, I paid the same as any guy, I rode more laps than most guys, I rode faster than most guys and yet the organisers do not think the female riders are important enough to even order female T-Shirts! That really pissed me off, men's small is about 2 sizes too large for me. I race my guts out and get to look like I'm wearing my boyfriends T-shirt? No thanks!
Second that, I just hung my small size in my husbands wardrobe, I am hoping he can squeeze into it otherwise I'll be using it as a t-shirt to wear to bed.

frensham

Likes Dirt

'Blasting' there way out??? Slightly exaggerated perhaps? I saw none of that. Only slow and controlled driving mostly trying to get into the camping area, not out. Riders on track until 4:00pm?? Surely not? Last rider out was at 12:15pm - that would make for a very long lap time. Sorry Blingerific, but the person who cut the chain made a huge difference to the amount of traffic trying to leave. A hero who displayed common sense in my opinion.

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Hey! Us fat people have feelings too!
Sorry mate! Of course there is still a need for the bigger sizes, but i think they got the ratio of smallish vs really big horribly wrong.

The lock was cut LONG after all racers were finished. I absolutely agree, no one should have been driving over the track while people were still racing. There was no need at all to make people wait until 4pm. The majority of all riders were finished around 2:30 like you said.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
The lock was cut LONG after all racers were finished. I absolutely agree, no one should have been driving over the track while people were still racing. There was no need at all to make people wait until 4pm. The majority of all riders were finished around 2:30 like you said.
And the lock was cut well BEFORE 2.30. There was plenty of people watching.

drew.d

Likes Bikes
re: shirt sizes

my XL fits great over my 2 palm-to-bicep plaster casts, and arm-in-a-sling. how foresighted of the organisers. otherwise i would have taken a small...

tnankie

Likes Dirt
my quick thoughts,

first one I've done since mont '05.

0 agro out on the track made a nice change, super polite passing, unfortunately also seemed less...friendly. Less people chatting talking etc. Perhaps this was just the solos being on a different track they are usually good for a yarn.

Lack of course decoration, I really missed all the glow in the dark skeletons and garden gnomes as well as all the assorted signage.

Tubeless rocks.
I am very very fat.

Dagget

Squid
The fellow handing out Snakes at the top of Party line at 3am or so, with the fairy lights was well up for a chat ... I was there for at least 5 minutes , which obviously contributed to my very tardy 1:59 lap .... :eek:

The snakes were awsome though :D

mrc

Likes Bikes
I just wanted to add a big thumbs up to Mountain Biking Australia Magazine. To get the latest issue free in the showbag is great. To get one for each member of the team is simply awesome. Maybe AMB (the other magazine) might think twice about giving away a single copy (per team) of a year old magazine at the Mont......
Yes, a very welcome change indeed. Thanks MBA! Thanks Corc! Thanks Scott!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
i ran tubes at <35psi. no flats in two laps; pick your lines, people. pedal failure put my foot into front tyre at 45kph on the crit track for my 2nd lap, otb, ending my race when hardly started.
does that answer the question pinkbike?

drew, hope everything goes well, especially for the ac - makes me twinge just thinking about jamming a foot in between the frame and the wheel - the roatational force would have been well, um, yep.....

Could have been worse - could have been in intensive care....

cheers