September 11 Conspiracy theories....

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
hey guys,

for a public speaking speech i'm doing a persuasive speech on the September 11 Conspiracy's
Now i'm conducting a survey on the attacks....

here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TX7MSHY
it is only a 5 question survey so it should only take you around 30 seconds.

If you could fill it out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers - Steven

p.s feel free to talk about the attack and/or conspiracies.

workmx

Banned
Survey design

Just a few hints on survey design from a working social scientist:
1. you may want to consider using a wide range for the age category - having four categories under 26 years will mean you have a very large number of respondents in the 26+ category, meaning analysis by age will be pointless
2. Sex tends to be used rather than gender (measuring biological state - rather than cultural alignment). Still if you do that, you will need an "other" category (to cover XXY individuals) or if you go with gender, then you need more categories (masculine, feminine, transgender, et cetera...).
3. If you are doing qualitative analysis, it might be better to use open-ended questions and use a qualitative stats package to analyse the responses. Alternatively, using a Likert scale will give you better (more nuisanced) data than absolutes (either this or that, with nothing in between, or combination of factors).
4. Always good to have a "comments" section at the end too.
5. Note that your data and findings will be biased, as your sample is neither random nor representative (as it relies on a vox populi collection technique).

EDIT: I am not having a go at you. I don't know what you know about social science research, so just thought some pointers may be helpful.

It is great to see you trying some social research of your own. :bounce:

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Back in 2004 when i was a first year Uni student i was really into the conspiracy theory idea about the missile hitting the Pentagon, was quite keen to share my opinion with friends and family who were a bit "meh" on the subject.

The video they released of the plane hitting the building, the lack of damage, the Rumsfeld slip when he said missile, all had me thinking about it.

Now in 2012, the whole conspiracy seems a bit ridiculous to me. Mainly because the missile in the Pentagon is plausible, explosives in the twin towers is certainly not. Since they bundle these two together all the time, the whole thing has lost credibility.

When i hear 9/11 and conspiracy, i dump these in the same categories as the Moon Landings being faked or Roswell being an Alien crash landing. The Govt does a terrible job of running the country, not sure that they would be successful running these conspiracies. They haven't exactly gained much as a result if they did plan the attacks, so i don't believe the attacks were a False Flag. Unlike the Reichstag fire in 1933..................

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Interesting the mention of gender. i remember reading about a paper that looked into the nature of gender and irrational beliefs. Guys/masculine liked conspiracy theories and girls/feminine liked things like tarot and astrology and homeopathy etc.

Given that it is mostly guys on rb, your conspriacy theory should do well here.

Hew

Likes Dirt
They haven't exactly gained much as a result if they did plan the attacks
Uhhhhh... what?

Have you been paying attention? The US has invaded multiple countries because of terrorism and 'threats against the united states', including countries that have never had anything to do with the USA. We've also been dragged into this incase you hadn't noticed. It's oil, it's all for oil and it's always been for oil. That is no conspiracy its an obvious fact.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you been paying attention? The US has invaded multiple countries because of terrorism and 'threats against the united states', including countries that have never had anything to do with the USA. We've also been dragged into this incase you hadn't noticed. It's oil, it's all for oil and it's always been for oil. That is no conspiracy its an obvious fact.[/QUOTE]

^^^ That's it .. Sad but true :sad:

placebo

Likes Dirt
When i hear 9/11 and conspiracy, i dump these in the same categories as the Moon Landings being faked or Roswell being an Alien crash landing. The Govt does a terrible job of running the country, not sure that they would be successful running these conspiracies. They haven't exactly gained much as a result if they did plan the attacks, so i don't believe the attacks were a False Flag. Unlike the Reichstag fire in 1933..................
Yeah, 9/11 conspiracy theories give George Bush way too much credit. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have done nothing except prick the bubble of American hubris characterised by preemption and unilateralism expounded by chicken-hawks like Paul Wolfowitz. Tim Weiner's "Legacy of Ashes: A History of the C.I.A." is a damning assessment of American intentions and capabilities, some of the most surprising admissions of failures and institutional dysfunction from ex-directors of the C.I.A. he interviewed.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Uhhhhh... what?

Have you been paying attention? The US has invaded multiple countries because of terrorism and 'threats against the united states', including countries that have never had anything to do with the USA. We've also been dragged into this incase you hadn't noticed. It's oil, it's all for oil and it's always been for oil. That is no conspiracy its an obvious fact.
Well that has worked out great hasn't it? Oil prices have risen sharply since 2003 peaking in 2008, the USA economy is still running down the gurgler with that price a contributing factor to the GFC. Saddam had no WMDs, the Taliban are still running around 11 years later. I repeat: "They haven't exactly gained much as a result if they did plan the attacks"

If it was just about oil, all they have to do is stay friends with the Saudi's and make friends with the Venezuelans. No wars required.

I got two dvd's about the conspiracies of 9/11,
Can't remember what they are called I will have a look for them in the next few weeks when I unpack my boxes.
I do remember that they show a lot of good stuff. Like the hole in the pentagon wall, the one the plane had made and why they ripped down burned out buildings two blocks away from the trade centre, doing it in a blink of an eye too.

I worked with a guy that was really big into conspiracies and shit like that , fuck he was scary at times but a good laugh.

I'll come back to this topic in a week or so.

strezd

Likes Bikes
It was an inside job.
Our entire worlds economic system is a huge scam.
The rich stand on the backs of the poor.
Our governments have no regard for human life and create and support war after war after war.
None of this is new.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
You have too many rights.
I don't like that.
You know your rights and expect to have them upheld.
I don't like that either.
How can I reduce your rights and not get lynched doing it?

How about I create a privacy-busitng piece of legislation that gives me more power than a dictatorship?
You won't accept that.
How about I give it a name to make it sound cool?
You're warming to it now.
Why don't I get someone to come into your yard and belt you around a lot?
You're not sure about this.
Now I tell you my Patriot Act will keep those bad men from your yard and it will never happen in your yard again, only in their yard.
You WANT it!

When you've had enough of living the Orwell style Big Brother life you tell me that you want out of it.
I'll remind you that you wanted it.

*Credit to Michael Moore for most of that information.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
I have recently been doing 9/11 in English. I have looked into the conspiracy theories in particularly with the plane crashing into the Pentagon. I will try and find the youtube video for you, but this video was showing what happens when a plane crashes at 900 km/h (full speed) and how the plane pretty much gets vaporized crashing at such high speeds. It was comparing plane crashes at 400km/h compared to 900 km/h and explains for the lack of aircraft parts found in the Pentagon.
Just after watching that video there was more than enough evidence to suggest that a plane crashed into the Pentagon and there is no way that i would believe any of the conspiracy theories.

strezd

Likes Bikes
I thought the U.S government was behind 911 since day one.
They have a long history of doing business this way.

I know personally people who have lost loved ones because the U.S government wanted U.S corporations to have their property.
Americas favourite is to send in the C.I.A start as much trouble as they can. Send in guns, send in assassins, money, whatever then the mainstream media reports a revolution or whatever they want and America goes in and saves everyone. And after all is said and done the U.S owns the country.

What surprises me though is many people trust in our governments as if they couldn't do those things.
They wouldn't hurt their own people? Lol.

Its like most people have never read a history book.

strezd

Likes Bikes
I think Trey Parker and Matt Stone best summed up the ridiculousness of 911 conspiracy theorists in this episode of South Park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrZj3GXjoA
Do you think it ridiculous we were told that Iraq had WMD's. Turns out they didn't. Over 50,000 civilians died.
U.S industry has made billions. You don't think that is a conspiracy?

Over 50,000 civilians dead. Just like our Mothers and our Father and our children. For what? Is the world safer?

Do you think they went woops' we made a boo boo? Or do you think they had another reason for invading and sold us a lie?

Cmon already, George Bush didn't even win the election on majority votes. He won it in court.

And now since 911 the U.S government has more power than ever. The only thing that has benefited from 911 is tyranny.

In 1933 Hitler burned down the Reichstag, blamed it on his opponents and took power.

The people who tried to speak out about this would have been called conspiracy theorists.

Seriously I could quote a shit load of well document instances of governments killing there own people en'mass.

How do you think the world go so fucked up? We have been led here.

And believe it or not I'm an optimist. Unfortunately I know what I know.

False flag operations are a normal part of politics and have a well documented history.