Should you shave under your shorts

• Hairy like a bear is best

Votes: 68 59.6%
  • Smooth like a teflon pan is the go

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

0psi

Eats Squid
Okay so not really your balls but the general in pants region.

I never used to get chaffing but now I'm a little older, a little hairier and a lot fatter I'm starting to get the odd bit of chafe.

In my younger days someone said you're better off leaving the hair where you might chafe as it creates a barrier rather than having skin on skin friction which might chafe. Made sense. Then I was watching an interview with a comedian who did some long distance thing for charity and he mentioned being advised to get rid of all hair so that everything was slippery which would reduce friction and thus chaffing. Also kind of made sense.

So what's the general consensus? It's mainly the tops of my thighs that are getting a hammering.

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
This voting pole would be 100% better if we could see who's voting for what! Nothing wrong with a bit of shaving down there, the Mrs has standards I need to abide by.

I would say from experience hairy and natural results in less chafe.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Talcum powder...the bonus is that you trail a fragrant but unbreathable smokescreen of lavender and crushed rock. Your riding partners will be breathless and broken...

Testicles and sharp instruments should never enter into close approach...

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Possible options if you go the chamois cream
Sudocream (that anti-nappy rash stuff).
Positives
very effective
cheap

Negatives
Does not wash out very well from your knicks, so you get a real white coloured residue build up.

Assos chamois cream
Positives
very effective
washes out well

Negatives
not that cheap

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Aussie butt cream is my choice. Works a treat!
My only criticism of Aussie Butt Cream is it's durability. I found if I did a long ride (3+ hours) its "effectiveness" decreased dramatically. Re-applying "down there" after 3 hours of sweating and hard riding is not an attractive thought, but then neither is saddle sores :(

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Okay so not really your balls but the general in pants region.

I never used to get chaffing but now I'm a little older, a little hairier and a lot fatter I'm starting to get the odd bit of chafe.

In my younger days someone said you're better off leaving the hair where you might chafe as it creates a barrier rather than having skin on skin friction which might chafe. Made sense. Then I was watching an interview with a comedian who did some long distance thing for charity and he mentioned being advised to get rid of all hair so that everything was slippery which would reduce friction and thus chaffing. Also kind of made sense.

So what's the general consensus? It's main the tops of my thighs that are getting a hammering.
jesus H christ!! i have never had so much chafing as when i've waxed. trim with a no. 3 if you have to to stop hairballs but - think about this -

waxing salons do not empty and change the wax from day to day, week to week. it's just topped up. cooled down one day to be re-heated the next. that shit is too expensive to waste!!

they may use separate paddles to apply it but...they're still dipped into the same pot.

the last client's wax is your wax.

the person applying it has had at most a six week tafe course in applying reheated bacteria-laden hot wax to your family jewels.

regrowth opens your body to ingrown hairs and massive bacterial infection.

shaving at home still leads to ingrowns and bacterial infection.

and as an aside, one of my daughters, while waxing for her job as a dancing instructor, went through six courses of antibiotics recently for a salon-induced waxing infection and a boil the size of my fist.

mmm, smooth legs....

try a bit of bi-carb soda in your leg joints before you put your riding daks on.

Last edited:

DeBloot

Feeling old
i just get down there with the beard trimmer for a nice close shave
And leave a little goatee hanging off my cags

no ingrown hairs and the tree looks bigger to boot

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chamois cream round the back, paw paw cream round the front. Gurney goo is also ok for the frontal area, both are a bit more durable than chamois cream

driftking

Wheel size expert
You would need to shave often to avoid the short rough regrowth you get like a day later (or how ever fast your hair grows), It would probably cause more irritation on the skin to be shaved, not to mention the potential of shaving rashes/in growth hairs etc.

You can always try it, if the hair is causing movement that is causing the chaffing than it may help but I cant see how going shaved/waxed would be better.

Ill let other be a test subject first aha.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
jesus H christ!! i have never had so much chafing as when i've waxed. trim with a no. 3 if you have to to stop hairballs but - think about this -

waxing salons do not empty and change the wax from day to day, week to week. it's just topped up. cooled down one day to be re-heated the next. that shit is too expensive to waste!!

they may use separate paddles to apply it but...they're still dipped into the same pot.

the last client's wax is your wax.

the person applying it has had at most a six week tafe course in applying reheated bacteria-laden hot wax to your family jewels.

regrowth opens your body to ingrown hairs and massive bacterial infection.

shaving at home still leads to ingrowns and bacterial infection.

and as an aside, one of my daughters, while waxing for her job as a dancing instructor, went through six courses of antibiotics recently for a salon-induced waxing infection and a boil the size of my fist.

mmm, smooth legs....

try a bit of bi-carb soda in your leg joints before you put your riding daks on.

Remind me not to tell this to my girlfriend.....