Silly things that you used to believe when you first started riding

Ibebeebo

Likes Bikes
Wearing body armour makes you not only look way cooler:cool: but somehow makes you stronger. I have a friend that wears his on XC trails ???!!

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chicks wouldn't know the difference between an IH sunday and a Sunday bmx. chicks don't dig bikes, chicks dig scars. tell em you got those skin sutures defeating an alligator and she'll be more impressed than some "dumbass who fell off his pushy one day"
Harsh... maybe you need to find a cool chic? Some of us love our bikes as much as you do, the amount of times I've shown more knowledge on bikes than some of my customers is just *giggle* (not implying that you are one of those people). I'm blonde, wear heels and ride some 4X and BMX. Best of both worlds , ;) No stereotyping please!

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Harsh... maybe you need to find a cool chic? Some of us love our bikes as much as you do, the amount of times I've shown more knowledge on bikes than some of my customers is just *giggle* (not implying that you are one of those people). I'm blonde, wear heels and ride some 4X and BMX. Best of both worlds , ;) No stereotyping please!
i wear heels and am blonde....... im a guy :D

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
*in general*

there are exceptions and yes. i do need to find a better one :p

disfocus

Likes Dirt
Wearing body armour makes you not only look way cooler:cool: but somehow makes you stronger. I have a friend that wears his on XC trails ???!!
Dunno about looking cool, but when you're pushing forty, about as flexible as a telegraph pole, take a lot longer to heal than you used to, and have two small children who won't eat if you have too much time off work, a bit of armour goes a long way, even on 'xc' trails ;-)

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
^^screw armour mate, you need to take Bee's aproach and start wearing heels!

Be a real man.

shortass_0_7

Likes Bikes
i used to think norco six 2 were the best eva!!

and that letting all the air out of the forks was 10 times better to ride in!

looking back to those days would of been scary if i kept thinking them now!!!!!!!!

todd28

Likes Dirt
i used to think norco six 2 were the best eva!!

and that letting all the air out of the forks was 10 times better to ride in!

looking back to those days would of been scary if i kept thinking them now!!!!!!!!
Nathan.. norco six 2's where the best bike ever! :p ahahahah
and obviously convinced decker that letting all the air out of your forks is 10 times better :p

squishy face

Cannon Fodder
yer i used to think that my huffy from k-mart was the bomb because it had dual suspension and loads of gears.

after that i discovered the giant ac and nearly died because it was so lush and smooth, i have since rode real bikes and discovered i was sadly mistaken :)

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
i used to think that by going really really fast and not using the brakes makes jumping a 3m gap a peice of cake...... i learnt the hard way :p

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i used to think that if your forks were soft they were good.
leaves me now with some clapped out dj4's on my stp :|

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
these are great, bringing back the memories.

in order:
1. My 10spd k-mart mtb with side pull brakes was the best bike ever. 'luckily' it got stolen
2. My $300 apollo steel rigid with steel rims and cantilevers was awesome (until i went back to it from stage 3. and got shaken to bits and couldn't stop in the wet)
3. My hard tail with suspension (about 50mm travel) was all the bike i'd ever need (then l got some $)
4. My f/s frame would never need upgrading, apart from wear parts. (pretty much all thats left is the frame, seat post, headset and failing rear derailleur)
5. I'll never need discs. Now i know discs are v-good, v-brakes stop me just as well except after riding through wet/mud. Makes all the difference.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That taking my bike apart and putting most of it in the dishwasher to clean it couldn't do any harm, and that mum would never find out. Dishwasher was never the same, nor we're my bearings.