so emo and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
S. said:
NCR600: That pic is every bit as full of shit as any particular "scene" group. Since when did someone arbitrarily decide what "underground music" was "about"? Isn't that kind of contradictory anyway? If you have to TELL someone to "be yourself" then ahhh catch-22 anyone?

This really reminds me why I am no fan of music scenes in general. Everything has to somehow be right/wrong or us vs them, and it's really lame.
Hardcore music has always been about thinking for yourself, and going out and doing stuff for yourself, like organising shows that only 30 people turn up to, and recording, pressing and promoting your crappy bands dreadful CD because no label would touch it with a plastic one. I don't know if anyone decided it, maybe it was decided at a secret committee meeting of the even more secret hardcore corporation in '81, who knows?

I have no problem with telling someone to be themselves. Sometimes people need to be told. Unusually for me, I hold the belief that people actually like to display some individuality and sometimes need to be told "Hey, it's ok, you don't have to wear girl pants and dye your hair black any more. It's the music and not what you wear that is important here"

There is nothing wrong with a bit of conflict between music scenes either. I like metal and hardcore, and I don't like the crap they play on 2dayFM. I will also tell you why, at length, using any amount of blue language, analogies and lies (and I won't do it here!)

Like it or not, scenes exist, but when being part of a 'scene' takes precedence over the music (or whatever, MTB for example) then it sucks.

This poster is just a reaction to a music scene being taken over and turned ino a 'scene' to be 'seen' at.

melbourne rider

The Select Phew
well i know that me writting this about them gets them what they want, but whatever, they just want to stand out and get sh*t loads of attention . and i hate people who pretend to be something that they arnt eg : emo = false depression ( im sure that some of them are actually depressed but thats not any of my buisness so i say stop standing out, coz i realy dont care/ and since when do you have to show that you are depressed by wearing make up when your a GUY ) ???????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Browny_T

Likes Bikes
Get Over It.

Emo is just as much a fashion trend as being a surfy, a lad, a homie or a skater...maybe even a MTBer.

People can do whatever the fuck they want to themselves... If they want to wear skinny legs, make up, have fringes, then let them fucken do it and stop being such dicks about it.

Everyone follows a trend, no matter what you do... Your all hypocrits (sp)...

Binaural

Eats Squid
bazza said:
frig your original. *pats on the back for your genious internet skillz*

good work tiger. *rolls eyes*
Yeha, that link gets posted every single time the word "emo" turns up. It must qualify for posting on the Farkin server by now :rolleyes:

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a documented fact, that Emo's are so emotional because their respective father's hit them when they did something untoward.

Emo's hate their dad's.

rowanr

Likes Dirt
i think it's just because they all look the same- and that is: stupid. they make sure everyone knows they like to cry and listen to whiney music. they're all over uni and they really piss me off. metalheads are cool, they have a presence. trendy chicks are cool, they're generally good to look at. hippies, although they shit me, generally care about the world and are fighting for what they think is right. emo's all look the same to try and be different, but can't be taken seriously!
pity, because i'm going to see avenged sevenfold when they come out here and they may be classified as emo, but god damn they have some awesome guitars!

buss_driver

Likes Dirt
Browny_t said:
Get Over It.

Emo is just as much a fashion trend as being a surfy, a lad, a homie or a skater...maybe even a MTBer.

People can do whatever the fuck they want to themselves... If they want to wear skinny legs, make up, have fringes, then let them fucken do it and stop being such dicks about it.

Everyone follows a trend, no matter what you do... Your all hypocrits (sp)...
your annoying and wrong.
josh said:
It's a documented fact, that Emo's are so emotional because their respective father's hit them when they did something untoward.

Emo's hate their dad's.
haha they do too

bazza

look at me
buss_driver said:
your annoying and wrong.

haha they do too
i was going to argue with you. but your from rocky. so your alright. did you go see wishforwings and LOE the other weekend when they played there? im super all the straight edgers would of been busting down the doors in rocky ehehe.

floody

Wheel size expert
josh said:

Emo's hate their dad's.

I disagree, I'd say its the opposite, snotty little kids who would have turned out ok if they'd copped a smack on the arse at some stage to bring them back to reality...But no, they become fantasy prone.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
floody said:
I disagree, I'd say its the opposite, snotty little kids who would have turned out ok if they'd copped a smack on the arse at some stage to bring them back to reality...But no, they become fantasy prone.
So would I -- but do not take my comment literally, it was said in jest. :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Tomgos said:
Im so disgustingly over this whole emo fad thing, is it so stupid. People think they are fucking comedians by paying out a certain group of people that they have no idea about. Most of the people they pay out arnt even 'emo' in the first place, they are just wearing a pair of connies, or have black combed over hair.

I knew it was getting out of hand when someone i knew was afraid to wear lime green connies, as she was afraid of being judged and labelled an emo.

I think i have heard the word emo at least 5 times a day this year, and it getting old very, very fast. Im assuming this 'group' of people have been around for a while, and if so why has it been of such a recent concern?

The whole 'bash emo's' thing is possibly the most immature thing i have ever heard, and i am embarrased to be the same species as the people who came up with it. Why would you 'bash' emos? If they are emo's (im sure Australia claims about 3 or 4 real emo's in the world) so what? If people are lame enough to actually want to hurt people for wearing black shirts, black haircuts or whatever an emo is distuinguised by, then i believe they are the ones that need to be taken care of.

Fuck off, no one i know is an emo, i have seem maybe 2 emo's in my lifetime, the other 'emo's' are metro asians, skaters, losers trying to be something they are not, northshore rich pricks trying to have style, people with comb overs, or black hair. Wearing a black shirt is considered emo to some absolute tossers.

My point is im so over this incredibly lame fad for paying the shit out of emo's.
Wow! that was pretty emo dude. Do you need a hug? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.