Still not sure about buying from CRC?

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like to give credit when its due. Placed an order with TBSM 2 days ago and it arrived today. Im in Brisbane. First time ive delt with them. I hope this is normal and i dont get stung next time.

Although I did notice the import trade must be hurting them as it appeared they used a 4 year old to address the package :D
living in toowoomba, just outside brisbane, every time i order soemthing from tbsm it gets here 2 days after purchase, i once got a parcel the next day but i cant remeber what i ordered, something small i think, must have just been lucky with the timing of the order.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Are people actually getting packages in 5-7 days from CRC? I'm sydney metro and honest to god they take 10-11 days minimum.

Crittski

Likes Dirt
My last order took 11 days - to Metro Brisbane. 1 day longer than it should becuase the delivery slip they left for me listed a post office for collection that doesn't actually exist...

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Are people actually getting packages in 5-7 days from CRC? I'm sydney metro and honest to god they take 10-11 days minimum.
They dropped the ball on my last order and it took 13 days but the 2 before that took 4 days and 5 days to Brisbane.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
I like to give credit when its due. Placed an order with TBSM 2 days ago and it arrived today. Im in Brisbane. First time ive delt with them. I hope this is normal and i dont get stung next time.

Although I did notice the import trade must be hurting them as it appeared they used a 4 year old to address the package :D
Should have used them instead :( helmet is still not here!

houli77

Likes Dirt
ash clouds pending -

i've noticed that crc orders placed on or before wed night in Australia, usually get shipped out of UK before the weekend. then get processed here and delivered usually by the following tues or wed. it seems the international flights run through the weekend.

whereas if you order thurs or later (aus time), often the order won't get out of uk before weekend, so it sits in the uk for two days. then begins shipping monday uk time, which is like our monday night, and then there is a good chance that the shipment won't make it to your door by fri, which means another weekend of waiting till delivery the following week. nothing sucks more than looking at your parcel tracking and knowing it is sitting at the delivery depot in your city on fri afternoon.

niki125

Likes Dirt
I'm refreshing my tracking window every 30 mins right now. New kit and some Goodridge lines would good to have tomorrow at Illinbah. It's been sitting in the local depot since yesterday arv. grrr

Sekt

Likes Dirt
...how can it take so long to travel 20km??!?!?!
Does the place you ordered it from also handle the physical delivery? Because if not, the issue is with the courier company, not the bike shop.

There are good courier companies in Australia, but there are also plenty of bad ones. Don't blame bike shops for things that are completely out of their hands.

This continually repeated idea that local bike shops are out to fleece the buyer is ridiculous. The local industry is hurting massively from the success of places like CRC combined with the complete lack of market support within Australia. No one's charging higher prices from choice, only from necessity. With the industry at a point where consumers can purchase items internationally at prices equivalent to local wholesale, what exactly are retailers meant to do?

markyh990

Likes Dirt
I think we can't really complain to much about the waiting time for orders from CRC, Wiggle and the like, if you want the reduced prices you gotta take the good with the bad.

I'd have to agree that some of the pricing strategies implemented by the manufactures in Australia just don't make any sense. The majority of parts about around a 30-60% discount overseas, and as more of these websites popup, local shops will be hurt more, eventually hurting the importers. Dropping the prices will do so much for local bike shops. I mean given the choice would you buy Mavic SLR's for $2000 locally or $1000 on the net?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think we can't really complain to much about the waiting time for orders from CRC, Wiggle and the like, if you want the reduced prices you gotta take the good with the bad.

I'd have to agree that some of the pricing strategies implemented by the manufactures in Australia just don't make any sense. The majority of parts about around a 30-60% discount overseas, and as more of these websites popup, local shops will be hurt more, eventually hurting the importers. Dropping the prices will do so much for local bike shops. I mean given the choice would you buy Mavic SLR's for $2000 locally or $1000 on the net?
As stated numerous times already, bike shops and importers cannot afford to lower their prices on a regular basis. They are pricing their products on the market that is available. Lower prices without an exponential increase in stock turnover will force shops of business. If you were the owner of a shop that was keeping your family afloat, would you take the risk of closure for just that bit more $$?

Last edited:

Demo Eight

Likes Bikes
Yep, I have had an order delivered to my door in Perth within 5 working days. But saying that my last order took about 10 working days.

BJ_ride

Squid
Check to see what the shop can do.

It's worth checking what the shop can do, I"ve been looking at Crossmax SLR's on chain reaction and they are $1200 which if stung by customs and with the banks exchange rate might be $1400 once they get here. The retail in OZ is $1500. so the local shop is willing to do them for $1400. It isn't the case with everything unfortunately but hopefully it will change over time.

It's worth checking what the shop can do, I"ve been looking at Crossmax SLR's on chain reaction and they are $1200 which if stung by customs and with the banks exchange rate might be $1400 once they get here. The retail in OZ is $1500. so the local shop is willing to do them for $1400. It isn't the case with everything unfortunately but hopefully it will change over time.
Check this out mate, you might be surprised at what Aussie shops are doing thats for sure:

http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bikes/preview/100130591-mavic-mavic-crossmax-slr-wheelset

Have a look at the prices they have TLD helmets for on bike exchange too, they are actually cheaper, yes cheaper than CRC.

BJ_ride

Squid
It look like a v-brake wheelset.

Check this out mate, you might be surprised at what Aussie shops are doing thats for sure:

http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bikes/preview/100130591-mavic-mavic-crossmax-slr-wheelset

Have a look at the prices they have TLD helmets for on bike exchange too, they are actually cheaper, yes cheaper than CRC.
It looks like a v-brake wheelset according to the description, but I guess that is my point.

If we don't try to get a fair price locally and just jump straight on os websites then the local shops will definitiely struggle even if things change and they have a competitive price. If they do lower margins to get the price down and don"t get an increase in sales what incentive is there for them to lower the price.

It looks like a v-brake wheelset according to the description, but I guess that is my point.

If we don't try to get a fair price locally and just jump straight on os websites then the local shops will definitiely struggle even if things change and they have a competitive price. If they do lower margins to get the price down and don"t get an increase in sales what incentive is there for them to lower the price.
I actually emailed them to see what the deal was with the wheels, turns out it is all the different versions for that price and they have since edited their add on bike exchange too. Certainly makes buying from OS not as appealing, its great to see some Aussie retailers doing what they can to try and compete against the big OS guys.