Still not sure about buying from CRC?

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah i bought off them and they were really good i needed to cancel an order and no probs

my mate ordered basically his whole bike off them really good for him too
so they are good in my books

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Got an order from them in transit now. This will be the 3rd time I've bought from them. Can't beat their prices on most items, and free delivery is awesome

mcoccia

Likes Dirt
I've purchased heaps from CRC over the years but lately they having been stuffing up most of my orders. One one order they sent me a Saint shifter/brake instead of XTR. One another I was sent a tubeless ready tyre instead of tubeless and just recently I was sent 25.4mm bars instead of the ordered 31.8mm bars.

I did return the Saint components and postage costs were reimbursed in full however I couldn't be bothered returning the tyre or bars.

rayza

Likes Dirt
just the other week i went through my account history with CRC, i was gobsmacked to see the amount ive actually spend. many, many thousands. Never once have i had an issue with an order, and CS has usually been prompt aqnd helpfull.

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
Wow thats alot of staff!

If they have that many people working obviously they get a lot of orders which means they're going to stuff up everyone now and then...

I don't see why people would be too scared to buy from them just from a few bad experiences... there appears to be way more good experiences than bad. I'll be buying all my new parts from there next year.

aidz44

Likes Dirt
wow, that's quite the success story.
haven't bought anything from there YET, but their prices are always competitive. even after shipping.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, my 2nd order i on its way... woo hoo...

i've bought from wiggle a few time, love there free pot, but for an order that get free pot from CRC, there price are jut oo much le than anyone else its a no brainer... (except they can be 10% with their exchange rate, but still super cheap)

Likes Dirt
bloody hell chain reaction have a big set up, very impressive

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
Eh, they're pretty hot and cold in my book. While living in the UK I ordered a custom-built wheelset on a Thursday afternoon and had it in my hands the next Monday. A couple of months later ordered some fresh tyres to put on the wheels and it took 2 weeks (10 business days) to get them even though they were in stock.

To be honest, I've had a number of ludicrously slow shipments from them although they do usually seem to be down to the hilarious ineptitude of the mail system in Northern Ireland.

cjm102

Likes Dirt
I have also spent thousands with them over my history with them, I have had nothing but good things to say about CRC... until my last couple of orders in past weeks. The one order was slow at being sent and the other they sent me some completely incorrect parts. I will still order from them without any second thought but just don't expect it to be as fantastic as it has in the past.

pelt

Likes Dirt
i built a custom hardtail through chain reactions, aswell as many many derailers, bars and random other parts for my downhill, service has always been super fast and pricing has always been good. however im always hesitant because i feel it isnt good for local bike shops.. whats everyone elses opinion of this??

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CRC's service is nothing short of fantastic. bear in mind they have had postal strikes lately in the uk...

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Ordered so much stuff of them and the only time they messed up is when they sent me a full wheelset instead of just a front wheel!:D