Stolen bike found for sale on Gumtree

ste27

Likes Bikes
Well, I was hoping to get to talk with someone with friends in the Vic (near Prahran) police.
I feel like I am so close to the bike but I have no idea on how to get it back.
If it helps, I'd be happy to pay $1,000 reward to whoever gets the bike back to me.

stirk

Burner
Well, I was hoping to get to talk with someone with friends in the Vic (near Prahran) police.
I feel like I am so close to the bike but I have no idea on how to get it back.
If it helps, I'd be happy to pay $1,000 reward to whoever gets the bike back to me.
You could probably rescue the bike yourself for less than $1000

Isildur

The Real Pedant
@ste27 It's Gaby here mate, just saw that you'd posted it here after reaching out on FB.

I reckon you post the ad up, or at least some details such as the location and model - probs unlikely the thief (or thieves) are stalking here on RB. That way some RB locals might be able to help out by inspecting the bike and swapping details with you via phone on the fly such as the SN and upgrade list while they inspect the bike.

I know you're wary of it disappearing again, but I'd say that RB is your best bet :) It's a good chance to get your pride and joy back.

imax

Likes Bikes
Threaten that you going to murder the cunt, then turn yourself in. You may end up with a charge but you'll recover your items. Not that I would want them back. I would just report it to my insurance company and let them deal with it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Doesn't even look like pedals have ever been attached... stolen from a shop I'd say
Possibly a scam too, most of their FB friends list are located overseas. Only a few shops sell them here in the area they claim to be located in. Something is very fishy about it all.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Possibly a scam too, most of their FB friends list are located overseas. Only a few shops sell them here in the area they claim to be located in. Something is very fishy about it all.
That'd be my guess. Usually if you reverse-search the pictures they pop up in other for-sale ads in other parts of the world.