DH Sunday Rebuild Thread - Finished

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I've used Proshox before. They have a website and sell through eBay. Last time took about 2 weeks from order to delivery. Need to measure length of top and bottom hardware on the DHX and also mounting bolt diameter.
Just went to the LBS and I'm gunna take all the hardware down from frame and the two shocks and they'll sort out sizes and the rest an order them. Not too worried about costing a bit more if I know it's gunna be the right parts

EDIT: Swapped straight across from old to new, too easy, will bolt straight back on no dramas

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thought it would have been Pearce. Spares are getting much harder to come by. Zelvy carbon in Brisbane aren't far off offering Carbon Sunday front triangles FYI.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
considered the zelvy, but haven't seen them tried and proven and really can't justify the money for it at the moment

John U

MTB Precision
Sorry to drop in but I'm changing over the brakes on my Sunday. It's my first and only downhill bike. I've had to take the top crown off and completely remove the shock to get the rear brake off. Is there any major dramas routing the rear hose around the out side of the shock mounting area and zip tying it in place?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sorry to drop in but I'm changing over the brakes on my Sunday. It's my first and only downhill bike. I've had to take the top crown off and completely remove the shock to get the rear brake off. Is there any major dramas routing the rear hose around the out side of the shock mounting area and zip tying it in place?
Hi John, the only real issue is possible hose damage in the event of a crash. Anything routed outside the frame could contact rocks, trees etc.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hi John, the only real issue is possible hose damage in the event of a crash. Anything routed outside the frame could contact rocks, trees etc.
I've seen Sundays with brake cables routed inside and outside the gusseting around the shock, I run it inside because that's how it came BUT the cable rub has actually taken some metal off of the lower linkage so that's something to think about. Nothing that will affect the bike, but still not great. I'd go inside and then get a piece of adhesive velcro and just tape it onto the linkage. Running it outside doesn't look as clean but can't see it having any difference performance wise at all. EDIT: Sorry, quoted you as well to say that it would be more exposed in event of crash

sunday_pivot.jpg

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
Cool. Thanks. I was thinking there may have been other issues like hoses fowling the cranks. If I have a stack which bings the hose with outside routing I'll be happy to replace it.

Thanks again. John.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
CRC arrived this morning, was a bit of the cassette side of the rear hub slightly poking out of the cardboard box but looks to be fine.

To show just how wide these rims are, roll of masking tape is about 2mm thinner.

Last edited:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant wait to see this bad boy finished.
Always liked the sundays!
How wide are those rims??

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yeah 40mm of goodness, was very happy to see them in person, I think the technical term for the size is fucking huge. The face of them is more like one big curve than three edges at angles. Went to leave to have a dig at the local trails this afternoon and found these had arrived today as well! Nothing left to stop this build (touch wood). Will be getting the headset this week, tomorrow or Friday but she'll be in for paint in that time. She won't be done by the weekend, probably won't complete the build till Friday week, it's turning into a bit of an event at a mates place who's got all the tools with a few other friends, bikes and beer can't go wrong. 40's are looking very possible lately as well

The CRC box with hole hub was sticking out of.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hooray. Finally we'll see you back on a bike Hazza. Yeow.
Sooner than you think possibly, just went to the paint shop and they said bring it in tomorrow morning, told them no rush but hopefully by the weekend she'll be ready to be built up. Will work on the final design for paint tonight and make sure it's exactly what I want.

EDIT: Fuck. Found more paint to strip no more paint stripper. Late night with sand paper tonight..:eek:hwell:

Last edited:

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Cool to see the progress with your Sunday rebuild coming along nicely! So keen to see it on the trails soon.

Those descendant cranks were a good choice - they're stiff and light. Been using decendant cranks on my Glory for about 3 years now, no problems... Except either the chainring or bits on the cranks at which you attach the chainring is bent, can't tell by the naked eye - cbf to check precisely.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
It should have gone in today but they wanted a bit more detail for painting, so here is the final, digital copy ready to take in tomorrow. Stole more from the 2010 Demo, and then a little from one of the millions of new Demo paint schemes on the head tube so that the black badge will be on green, rather than black. Added green up the seat tube and the white line down the top tube. The SUNDAY / TEAM X decal will be bigger, have done in PS and still suits it well. Hopefully this is enough, I've got designs for the head tube as well. Given tomorrow goes well, next weekend will be riding.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Ok so dropped it in for paint yesterday and went to drop off the decals this afternoon and it was already primed and ready to go. Won't be done by the weekend but hopefully mid next week and should look the goods.