TASSIE NATS DH course update

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
tombstone drop has crazy tight berms into it now so is much slower and hence not as harsh. May look at a landing just hard as people land in much different spots depending on entry speed.
the jump out of the trees at the finish i still there...

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
it would be cool if the tombstone drop had a tranny landing, but I guess that just my girlie underwearz talking.

hows the 4x track looking? I'm so keen.... I might race DH.. but the track is so gnarly.. I might die... or break a nail or something haha

robmann

Likes Bikes
nice, Ill be going out on thursday to hit it up. Anymore work being done between now and then?

Last edited:

allstar

Likes Dirt
that looks soooooooooooooooo much beter now, should be alot more fun to ride And watch!

i honestly dont think tombstone needs anything else, it does have a slope to land on and if your not a hack it should be fine, well it is for me anyway.

Last edited:

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that looks awesome!
i'll have to donwload vids of the track.
good effort with the step down/step up and berm looks awesome.
oli

Guiver

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys. Just a bit of visual stimulation for you all. This is a little video i did featuring the new step down, table top and step up.

http://www.pedalbite.com/media/tmp/simon.wmv
(right click and save target as)

Rider : Simon French.

Hope to see you all down here in Late Nov'

We will update this post with photos of the new berms and rock gardens later so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks absolutely epic, good to see you guys thinking big and outside the square. The bar has been raised, I wish there were some tracks like that up here in Vic, full MX style.....brraaaap......brrraaaaaaaap.

We contemplated coming down for the race but cant make it, after looking at that though we will have to come down to ride there at some stage soon. Is the park open all the time???

floody

Wheel size expert
We contemplated coming down for the race but cant make it, after looking at that though we will have to come down to ride there at some stage soon. Is the park open all the time???
ALL the time my friend. Come enjoy our local hospitality.

Guiver

Likes Dirt
hows the 4x track looking? I'm so keen.... I might race DH.. but the track is so gnarly.. I might die... or break a nail or something haha
4x track won't change much, I'm just going to clean it up and steepen some of the landings a little.

Its going to be a great event guys and gals. bring it on!

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
I just finished off the two MASSIVE (6ft + high right round) berms following the big step up, they are looking crazy good. Its been raining all day today so am hoping we can get them all packed down in the next few days- stay tuned for photos/vid. I had an idea for another big line in the finish area so have just booked the excavator for another day...If you're not planning on hitting Tassie this year you'll be hearing about it for a while;)

reej

Likes Dirt
man that sounds sick. can you explain your new finish line idea?/ or going to suprise in vid?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
HEy guys,

man i can t wait to ride this track it looks so good.
I ll show a real frenchy in action. Jumps on a dh track is my time to shine a bit....(rather than a fast time).

friccho

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
all will be revealed shortly...
the jumps to the left are the dirt jumps in the park, they're a bit derelict at the moment but we're hoping to revamp them before the race.

simon has anybody ever told you how much of a juggernaut you are ?:p

i'll say on behalf of all the rest of us,

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you !

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
the two big berms are now pretty well hand packed, will get some footage tomorrow and post it up. More excavation monday, one more big section planned...

S.

ex offender
Those jumps look fuckin awesome, however I'm a pussy and probably wouldn't hit em anyway :p. You guys are sure you've got the transport thing fixed yeah? If so... I'm there.

BTW for anyone who wants to land themselves an assault charge, I'll be the tallish fat guy on a black 04 SGS (only notable feature = 7" motion control boxxer), wearing a gigantic red + white fox helmet.

yeah dude the roads leading up are seriously as smooth as your standard level, council made gravel roads, a few guys got up in an old school VW van yesterday...:D