TASSIE NATS DH course update

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
working up there in the hail/wind/rain yesterday and today. Got the rock garden finished (looks way better in the flesh). You will enter it after ducking back up the hill so it will be pretty slow to start off with:
from the top-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/sifrench/PB140003.jpg
and from the bottom-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/sifrench/PB140005.jpg
we're not blessed with the biggest rocks up there but have dug out the biggest ones we could....1mx1m is about the biggest in the garden
one more new section was started today hoping to finish that tomorrow. After that its all go. It will rain all week here this week so eberything will be well packed in come the race. Will post some riding shots when this weather clears...
pre entries are going very well so it's shaping up to be a killer race
*I forgot to add, we're instant cementing the base of the rocks so they wont move around-also so little sods cant move rocks to make it easier. There are also distinct A B C lines in the garden that the pics dont really show

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
I built it into two monster gaps a while back but they were very sketchy. The course needed a tech slower speed rock garden....now its got one.

allstar

Likes Dirt
yea that last gap type rockgarden was just like :eek: :eek: :eek: HOW!!! are those switch backs still there? if so a slower rockgarden is definatley a good idea

-toby-

Likes Dirt
I built it into two monster gaps a while back but they were very sketchy. The course needed a tech slower speed rock garden....now its got one.
where abouts is it on the track? like near the up hill rock garden thing from last year?

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
this replaces the old rock garden which was just before the bombhole with the little root gap out of it.
the A line would be shite on a HT but there is pretty good B,C,D lines

Guiver

Likes Dirt
The new features make this DH track truly Epic. If you enjoyed it last year prepare to be blown away!

While your at the race feel free to congratulate Simon on designing what i believe to be the best track in the state in not the country, he won't be hard to spot.. he'll be the one half asleep and dreaming of excavators :)

Oh yeh, im heading up tomorrow so will take HEAPS of photos for you guys..!! get amped!!

turkey 6000

Banned
i pretty sure you should video that last straight guiver i have heard about a couple of meaty stcks over it allready lol. went riding up there show day and OMG you mainlanders wait till you see this course :eek:

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
Is there Tshirts this year, like there was last year? If so, the pic on the front should be Frenchy bustin' the road gap in a bobcat. :D

tassiehardtail

Likes Bikes
the track is lookin awesome best it has ever been and its all due to frenchy and his mates and other volunteers who have done it!!
so it is definetly worth checking out

allstar

Likes Dirt
i pretty sure you should video that last straight guiver i have heard about a couple of meaty stcks over it allready lol. went riding up there show day and OMG you mainlanders wait till you see this course :eek:
haha yep make sure you dont hit that step down with to much pace... or you will die like i did haha lol