Tell me about riding in Bright

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I'm officially in love with hero trail. The rain stayed away and the trail ran great all day. I could see the lower section would suffer from being greasy but was dried out enough today to hold speed through berms and not be worried about traction.

Started to finally land the transition of about half the jumps which I was pretty happy with.

Hit up All Mountain for one run too and liked it as a more natural trail compared to Hero. It was a bit slick though and quite narrow so you need to pick lines pretty carefully.

teK--

Eats Squid
2 weekends ago was a little slippery but dried up by Sunday. Just keep an eye on weather it drains well but clay stays slick for at least a couple of days after heavy rain.

Too cold to camp now I reckon.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Hero's the only trail that becomes slick after rain. The rest all drain pretty well and aren't too bad (except for the bits covered in pine needles on Mystic).

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'm thinking about heading up with the Swag sat night and ride Sunday, weather looks brilliant for the long weekend

spikenet

Likes Dirt
I'm heading down there with the family for 4 days. Will do a shuttle day on Monday while wife + kids checkout the rail trail. Never to mystic and riding solo so hope its good fun on the AM bike.
I rode parts of the railtrail and other stuff as part of the terra australis race many moons ago!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm heading down there with the family for 4 days. Will do a shuttle day on Monday while wife + kids checkout the rail trail. Never to mystic and riding solo so hope its good fun on the AM bike.
I rode parts of the railtrail and other stuff as part of the terra australis race many moons ago!
I rode it on my NS (160r/170f) and found it to be a good balance. There wasn't anything particularly gnarly (no big rock gardens or mega drops et) but the trail has (or had) a bit of a rough surface that was a bit stuttery. There's also the obligatory brake bumps and ruts from rain and noobs. I think it would be fun on a 150mm bike and I even gave consideration to taking the slope style bike next time for railing the many sweet berms and jumps.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I rode it on my NS (160r/170f) and found it to be a good balance. There wasn't anything particularly gnarly (no big rock gardens or mega drops et) but the trail has (or had) a bit of a rough surface that was a bit stuttery. There's also the obligatory brake bumps and ruts from rain and noobs. I think it would be fun on a 150mm bike and I even gave consideration to taking the slope style bike next time for railing the many sweet berms and jumps.
Are you talking about mystic and world cup?

spikenet

Likes Dirt
ok cool, mine is 160mm so should be sweet.. cant be any rougher/rockier then ourimbah.. haha

if any suggestions on trails so I make the most of my one day that would be awesome.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you talking about mystic and world cup?
Ha! I may have misread his post as being about the hero trail. But...I did ride a section of one of the dh trails (no idea which one) briefly. It wasn't plenty of fun...I wasn't in a gnarly section that's for sure!

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Did shuttle day today, only rode 3 trails, hero 7 times, world cup and all mountain. Was hard to not session hero.. save the other trails for next trip!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Yeah awesome fun! Hit up some of the a line up the top, had a bad case on one of the lower doubles, think I've broken my toe! Haha, awesome.
Amazing town, so embracing outdoor activities.. not like our council, community..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have fun? Hit everything on Hero?
...there's a few absolutely tricky jumps in the middle. Out of banked turn and lunch a big high kicker and if you don't gap it...ouch. Need to learn the rhythm of those things with many runs.

Yeah awesome fun! Hit up some of the a line up the top, had a bad case on one of the lower doubles, think I've broken my toe! Haha, awesome.
Amazing town, so embracing outdoor activities.. not like our council, community..

Ahhhhh yes...the authorities in our part of the country are a long way behind the times. Bright represents such a great example of making things work for you community - people and local business. They've done very well.

How'd you boink the toe?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Where? In the trees?
There was one particular jump not long after the big tables at the top. It wasn't all that long, just tricky to punch into out of the big bank. Then a couple of similar situations through the tree section leading down to those big banks at the bottom. I'm sure familiarity and confidence played a role in it, but each time they caught me by surprise and I failed. I made up for it by ripping some big skids though...