The discount code thread

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Yeah, there is a threshold. Unfortunately the single shock doesn't fit under it.

Free international shipping kicks in at $450 USD.
I see Suntour now have a Voro coil shock. Looks like their version of the DVO Jade DH. But with ifp instead of bladder.
Sale gets it down to $430 sans spring!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Can you post some pics up of the spare shaft? Thoughts of trying to shorten it have crossed my mind.
If anyone has a solution to lengthen a 38 air spring shaft, I'm all ears ;)

Currently 170mm, would like it to be 180mm without spending $180 for 10mm.

Could always hack (machine) 10mm off that alu bump stop shaft :p

20230510_155817.jpg

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I see Suntour now have a Voro coil shock. Looks like their version of the DVO Jade DH. But with ifp instead of bladder.
Sale gets it down to $430 sans spring!
That's what I'm trying to get. Just need another to bump up to the free postage.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
If anyone has a solution to lengthen a 38 air spring shaft, I'm all ears ;)

Currently 170mm, would like it to be 180mm without spending $180 for 10mm.

Could always hack (machine) 10mm off that alu bump stop shaft :p

View attachment 400539
Could always just swap out the air shaft rod with a 180mm 36. It’s only a single cotter pin holding the plastic top hat on.

ozzybmx

Could always just swap out the air shaft rod with a 180mm 36. It’s only a single cotter pin holding the plastic top hat on.
I believe its a different diameter and setup, the 38 is a complete unit with the kashima cylinder/tube, the 36 is just the piston. Not sure if the shaft is the same diameter.

I've just knocked the pin out on this one and fitted a Luftkappe, that's how I got the picture.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I believe its a different diameter and setup, the 38 is a complete unit with the kashima cylinder/tube, the 36 is just the piston. Not sure if the shaft is the same diameter.

I've just knocked the pin out on this one and fitted a Luftkappe, that's how I got the picture.

You’ll be able to pull apart the lower part of the rod if you use heat and remove the foot stud. The rod part for the airshaft on the 38 is the same diameter as a 34 and 36 (10mm)
It pretty much looks like a 34 or 36 airshaft in a tube.
The airspring shaft seems to be universal across the fox range from the 32 - 38.
could just try any length 34/36 airspring to confirm the diameters are the same prior to buying a new one to butcher.
IMG_2958.jpeg

Out of interest @ozzybmx what does the 38airspring weigh? A smashpot wouldn’t be that much heavier considering the size of the airshaft in a 38?

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Would be a decent chance the inner air shaft rod and foot-stud/nut would be the same IMO, and it's just that the picture of the 38 assembly on the Cyclinic link just shows it with the foot nut threaded on.

ozzybmx

You’ll be able to pull apart the lower part of the rod if you use heat and remove the foot stud. The rod part for the airshaft on the 38 is the same diameter as a 34 and 36 (10mm)
It pretty much looks like a 34 or 36 airshaft in a tube.
The airspring shaft seems to be universal across the fox range from the 32 - 38.
could just try any length 34/36 airspring to confirm the diameters are the same prior to buying a new one to butcher.

Out of interest @ozzybmx what does the 38airspring weigh? A smashpot wouldn’t be that much heavier considering the size of the airshaft in a 38?
Good to know, 10mm all around. No idea on the weight but its pretty light even with the tube compared to the fork springs. Not that I'm concerned about fork weight on an eeb with a DD Assegai on the front anyway.

I've had my 38 air spring apart, pulled the guts out of it and added the Luftkappe.

Would be a decent chance the inner air shaft rod and foot-stud/nut would be the same IMO, and it's just that the picture of the 38 assembly on the Cyclinic link just shows it with the foot nut threaded on.
The footnut needs to be heat gunned anyway to melt the loctite, then slide the inner out, you cant get the air spring piston out/off without removing the footnut first.

That's why I made the ghetto tool to slide the air shaft back through the seal. The edge of the shaft where the footnut screws into is sharp as knife and will fck the seal on the way through without a taper.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Good to know, 10mm all around. No idea on the weight but its pretty light even with the tube compared to the fork springs. Not that I'm concerned about fork weight on an eeb with a DD Assegai on the front anyway.

I've had my 38 air spring apart, pulled the guts out of it and added the Luftkappe.

The footnut needs to be heat gunned anyway to melt the loctite, then slide the inner out, you cant get the air spring piston out/off without removing the footnut first.

That's why I made the ghetto tool to slide the air shaft back through the seal. The edge of the shaft where the footnut screws into is sharp as knife and will fck the seal on the way through without a taper.

I believe @frenchman is suggesting the inner airshaft 10mm tube/rod might be common across models (Fox 34 and 36 use the same shaft and foot stud from memory, just have different pistons to suit the different stanchion sizes), so sourcing a cheaper 36 180mm airshaft assembly, and disassembling it might provide the part you need (the longer 10mm diameter inner tube/rod only) for less dollars than the 38 kit.

ozzybmx

I believe @frenchman is suggesting the inner airshaft 10mm tube/rod might be common across models (Fox 34 and 36 use the same shaft and foot stud from memory, just have different pistons to suit the different stanchion sizes), so sourcing a cheaper 36 180mm airshaft assembly, and disassembling it might provide the part you need (the longer 10mm diameter inner tube/rod only) for less dollars than the 38 kit.
images.jpg

I understand 100% what he was saying, I was pointing out that the footnut needs to be removed from the 38 to get it out and then from the 36 to get it in, so I dont need the 36 footnut as I'll have it removed and the 38 footnut in my hot little hands anyway ;)

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
That's what I'm trying to get. Just need another to bump up to the free postage.
Debating it. But think it’s a case of upgraditis!
Nothing wrong with my current xfusion coil (touch wood). Was looking at the Jades a while ago based on ease of maintenance/tuning options. But the bomber cr is also pretty cheap like these.

Irck

Likes Bikes
Does anyone have discount / shipping codes for Bike24 or r2-Bike? Trying to get hold of a 30 tooth Garbaruk chainring to suit Shimano m8100 cranks but everyone in Aus seems to be sold out.

(Updated because I forgot to add in the Garbaruk part )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Does anyone have discount / shipping codes for Bike24 or r2-Bike? Trying to get hold of a 30 tooth Shimano m8100 chainring but everyone in Aus seems to be sold out.

Both don't ship to Aus with branded Shimano.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Cheers mate. That’s what I’m currently running but I’m chasing the Garbaruk as the tooth profile works for a wide range of chain types.

BMCR here in SA are a Garbaruk dealer. Price will be up there but if you factor in shipping from ze Germans might work out ok.

Irck

Likes Bikes
BMCR here in SA are a Garbaruk dealer. Price will be up there but if you factor in shipping from ze Germans might work out ok.

Thanks mate. Their prices are ok (and great customer service) but they’re out of stock of the chainring I need at the moment unfortunately.