The discount code thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not sure what compound(s) the e-Matrix are but the race matrix have done the job for me in the past. Take it these are for chain chewer err boomer scooter Um electric bin chicken. :p
Deviate and eeb both run XT 4 pots, also #1 sons Slayer.

That Uber code nearly paid for postage then Uber drops the VAT as the cost of 4 sets and shipping was only 35 pounds or $72au. Pretty good at $18 a set, I'll see how these go compared to Trickstuff. Fair bit cheaper.

The e-matrix, according to the website are stronger and longer lasting, actually better on all points. No stock so ordered the race matrix.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Deviate and eeb both run XT 4 pots, also #1 sons Slayer.

That Uber code nearly paid for postage then Uber drops the VAT as the cost of 4 sets and shipping was only 35 pounds or $72au. Pretty good at $18 a set, I'll see how these go compared to Trickstuff. Fair bit cheaper.

The e-matrix, according to the website are stronger and longer lasting, actually better on all points. No stock so ordered the race matrix.

View attachment 403453
Are the XT 4 pots the same shape pad as saint/zee?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
They look the same but are always sold as different pads, so there must be a tiny difference. Like why keep stuff the same, go 2mm bigger and have to make another pad standard :rolleyes:
Yeah was wondering because there are still plenty of the e-matrix Tektro pads, which are a shimano shape

Jpez

Down on the left!
Get your brake pads people...

View attachment 403430
I’ve tried Uber bike pads several times but every single time I end up with a noisy squealy brake. Most recently on some MT7’s (thanks @Scotty675) with Galfer shark rotors. Sounded like 2 possums going for it hard. Cleaned the rotors, then sanded the rotors. Still howls like a banshee. Swapped the original Magura pads in and all quiet.
I’ve had similar experiences with Codes and TRP’s.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I’ve tried Uber bike pads several times but every single time I end up with a noisy squealy brake. Most recently on some MT7’s (thanks @Scotty675) with Galfer shark rotors. Sounded like 2 possums going for it hard. Cleaned the rotors, then sanded the rotors. Still howls like a banshee. Swapped the original Magura pads in and all quiet.
Haha, I just ordered some. Fingers crossed.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have found they like to be installed on new rotors (or rotors running the same UberBike compound pads previously). I tried running some Race Matrix on rotors that I'd run Hope sintered pads on previously, and even though I'd thoroughly emery'd then washed the rotors in isopropyl they still howled very unpleasantly. Grabbed another set of pads (bought at the same time) and installed them on new rotors, no issues. They can get the dreaded "turkey gobble" if I brake drag too much up high-country, and some random squeaks if wet grit get between pad and rotor, but mostly they're very quiet in my experience (and once they've had a bit of non abusive/mucky running will clean themselves and stop squeaking/squealing pretty quickly).

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I thought it was from all the brake fluid you were showering your bike and hands with....;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Now let's all imagine how much better @Jpez would have looked if he had squirted mineral oil all over his bare chest and face .... Those luscious locks flowing as he runs himself down with a towel, just spreading the oil around more and more all while a 80s style power ballad plays softly in the background. It would be like a taller more handsome Patrick Swayze.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Now let's all imagine how much better @Jpez would have looked if he had squirted mineral oil all over his bare chest and face .... Those luscious locks flowing as he runs himself down with a towel, just spreading the oil around more and more all while a 80s style power ballad plays softly in the background. It would be like a taller more handsome Patrick Swayze.
@Jpez - I think @pink poodle has been peeking in your windows of an evening.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That is just all sorts of weird.