The Fixie Thread

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like this bit;

"And is it just me or do you hardly ever see somebody actually riding a fixie? The phenomenon has started to invade my home town of Barcelona in Spain, and I see more and more of the things every day. And they are all being pushed along the sidewalk."

:p

skivi

Likes Dirt
my neck hurts just thinking about riding that.

re: the bike with hookworms, yeah i'd ride it but man trade those hookworms for Schwalbe SuperMotos. i've got a pair and their a few hundred grams lighter then the 'worms and grip like nothing else i've ever ridden

castillo

Likes Dirt
Haha what a dag. I didn't know you had a fuji track too, awesome.
Sean: If you are insinuating that people have fixed gear bikes as a fashion accessory, I would suggest getting out more. I see heaps. Granted, most of them are dicks who won't give you a nod but they are riding them!
Also, I don't know how to say this tactfully, so I will just say it. Please do not bother with that repco. I know its old, but old is not necessarily good. Please put your time and effort into something worthwhile.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha what a dag. I didn't know you had a fuji track too, awesome.
Sean: If you are insinuating that people have fixed gear bikes as a fashion accessory, I would suggest getting out more. I see heaps. Granted, most of them are dicks who won't give you a nod but they are riding them!
Also, I don't know how to say this tactfully, so I will just say it. Please do not bother with that repco. I know its old, but old is not necessarily good. Please put your time and effort into something worthwhile.
I'm not insinuating anything, I just thought that part of the article was funny.

Well, I'm gonna build the repco anyway, I can always get a new frame once it's done can't I ;) And besides, it's hopefully only gonna cost around 150 anyway.

dsquared

Likes Bikes
Hey guys, I'm really interested in getting a fixie for commuting / zipping around the city. Problem is, I really haven't got a clue about anything to do with fixies. Where can I start?

Lorday

Eats Squid
Two options.
Go out and buy a complete 'track bike' but with more relaxed geo (i.e: SE larger, Fuji, Speshie langster)

OR

Aquire an old roadie, buy deep V's, flat bars, iconic slogan tee and fluro spray paint.

dsquared

Likes Bikes
What are Deep V's?

Sorry for my ignorance / lack of knowledge.
I'm looking to spend as little as possible, whats the cheapest complete Fixie I can get?

Also, do they come as SS and need to be converted into fixed, or do they come as fixed?

D.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
What are Deep V's?

Sorry for my ignorance / lack of knowledge.
I'm looking to spend as little as possible, whats the cheapest complete Fixie I can get?

Also, do they come as SS and need to be converted into fixed, or do they come as fixed?

D.
Deep Vs are rims that have large sidewalls and are very aerodynamic. I'll find a pic for you.

Found one.