The Fixie Thread

Jaumet

Likes Dirt
Had some spare cashola lying around... Decided it was time for a weekend ride,

Picked up a Charge Plug Racer

Sugino Crankset, Deep V rims, shit tyres, formula hubs.

Apart from the awesome Chrome colour, i love the bars...

It rides very well, but there's one problem! Because of the Straight forks there is killer toe overlap, which is another thing to think about... It's no problem on Single speed when you are just using flat pedals, but with toe clips your toes touch the wheel at a pretty acute angle of turning...

I see what people mean about a good wheelset, it feels totally different,

I'm feckin happy about it...

Peace!

Last edited:

vandenberg

Likes Dirt
Picked up a Charge Plug Racer

Because of the Straight forks there is killer toe overlap
Dont worry about toe overlap. The only time it's an issue is at low speed, and you get used to it pretty quickly. My pursuit has about 2 inches of overlap and I never seem to hit my toes anymore. Maybe i'm just lucky. :D

Life&Co.

Likes Bikes
Dont worry about toe overlap. The only time it's an issue is at low speed, and you get used to it pretty quickly. My pursuit has about 2 inches of overlap and I never seem to hit my toes anymore. Maybe i'm just lucky. :D
Being able to ride fast with a shitload of toe overlap is skill. You do pick it up fairly quickly though.... It would be nice to have a smaller shoe then 12, that way i could get shorter cages. The frame itself is way tight geometry wise compared to anything i've ever ridden. But what can you expect Ernesto made these baby's like rockets.

Life&Co.

Likes Bikes
BICYCLE SWAP MEET.

WHAT TO BRING: ANY AND EVERYTHING RELATED TO BIKES! ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE.

VENUE: OLD TENNIS COURT @ MUSGRAVE PARK (WHICH IS OUR BIKE POLO COURT)

TIME: START TRADING @ 2PM

ITS BEING HELD AT THE OLD TENNIS COURTS AT MUSGRAVE PARK NEXT TO THE POOL.
THE COURTS ARE LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF CORDELIA STREET AND GLENELG STREET.​

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Being able to ride fast with a shitload of toe overlap is skill. You do pick it up fairly quickly though.... It would be nice to have a smaller shoe then 12, that way i could get shorter cages. The frame itself is way tight geometry wise compared to anything i've ever ridden. But what can you expect Ernesto made these baby's like rockets.

very very nice:)
ernesto for president!
:p