The Fixie Thread

RCOH

Eats Squid
My new bike. Big thanks to Dan (Life&Co).

Francesco Track, early 80s. Ishiwata EX tubing. 3TTT pista stem, Cinelli Bars, Hillbrick Wheels, Vittoria Rubino Tyres, SR seat tube, Selle Italia Seat, Kuwahara Headset, fsa cranks, cycle underground chainring, toshi straps, europa pedals.

I also scored a new (for me road bike). It is a Giant CFR One from early 2000s - if anyone has any info on it i would appreciated it. Unfortunately it is too big, 59cm ST - 57.5 TT, so I am going to sell the frame and swap the parts on to a nice steel road frame that fits me.

Both:

RCOH

Eats Squid
nice work rod! looks like it was well worth the wait. bring it out on wednesday! time to play!
Yeah I will be out wednesday. Just to tweak the seat a bit to get proper comfy but it is a nice quick bike. Needs new bar tape too.

Catch ya soon

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sick Helvetica

Oh, and this is my Fixed.

Aitken Wolfie seat, gonna flop n' chop the Cinelli bars. Need new tyres, too!

Last edited:

chuck_

Likes Dirt
My new bike. Big thanks to Dan (Life&Co).

Francesco Track, early 80s. Ishiwata EX tubing. 3TTT pista stem, Cinelli Bars, Hillbrick Wheels, Vittoria Rubino Tyres, SR seat tube, Selle Italia Seat, Kuwahara Headset, fsa cranks, cycle underground chainring, toshi straps, europa pedals.

Do you know any history of the frame? Is francesco a brand. I know in the 80s someone by that name put out bikes with his name on it. Just wondering if its one of those?

RCOH

Eats Squid
Do you know any history of the frame? Is francesco a brand. I know in the 80s someone by that name put out bikes with his name on it. Just wondering if its one of those?
Nah I don't really know anything about it. Francesco Moser made (or had made for him) training bikes with 'Francesco' written on the downtube but they were built in italy using columbus steel, this was built in Japan using Ishiwata steel.

What is your friend's story? I can get the serial no# if it helps. I would like to know more about the bike. It is well built and in great condition for it's age.

chuck_

Likes Dirt
He got frames and repainted and restickered them with that name and similar world champion colours. Not sure if it is or not but just reminded me of that.

Life&Co.

Likes Bikes
WOOOOO My old 'Francesco' looks sweeeeeet!!!! Good work Rod!

Now on a serious note. Another smallish Track Bike for sale!

Item:
Small Complete Trackbike

Top Tube: 52/53cm depening on measuring actual length or true length of tube
Seat Tube: 49cm

Frame: Unknown really. Decaled Daccordi. VERY 'Nervex-like' Decorative Lugwork!
Stem/Bars: Sakae Modolo Patent (Fairly New)
Wheelset: Velocity Wheelset
Cranks: SR Royal Driveside 165mm/ Sugino Mighty 165mm (Both Arms condition)
Gearing: 48 Tooth / 15 Tooth (Can change to either a 18 or 19 upon sale.)
Chain: KMC Z
Seatpost/Seat: Campagnolo Copy Fluted / San Marco US Postal Service​

Item Condition: GREAT. Can be ridden straight away!

Price and price conditions: $1100 + Postage via courier (www.transdirect.com.au)

EAT IT UP PEOPLES, NEEDS TO MOVE ON LIKE THE FRANCESCO!! GOTS THE NEW BIKE MOVING IN FRIDAY!!

vandenberg

Likes Dirt
that daccordi is niiiice. dont like that stem tho ;)

srsly, someone who is thinking about a complete off-the-shelf should grab it. for realz.