The Fixie Thread

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I posted a few times here for some suggestions. I ended up finishing with this..

Got the cranks new of eBay, a Dicta 18t Freewheel, 39t Front sprocket (super-light gearing). New cheapie tyres and converted the drops into bullhorns. Gave the frame a splash of some lovely satin black. The rims and hubs were covered in surface rust, but after a two nights with nothing to do they came up super nicely. They're the original steel rims 27" strong :p. The only thing missing really is a front brake and the rear axle is in need of a trim. However after much thought I decided the bike is wwaayyy too big for me. So its being sold on eBay and the funds going towards an SE Lager I can get at an awesome price from work.

RCOH your bike looks rad.

SDA

Likes Dirt
I haven't posted on here in AGES.. however, I thought I might give you guys a heads up that I am clearing our the spare room - FIXED GEAR GARAGE SALE

Apologies in advanced. I know that a lot of people may only check this thread and not the Garage Sale section.

Cheers

nick_sixx

Likes Dirt
New build

I know its a copy, and it's not as good as the original, but I am stoked with the outcome. Found it during curbside collection just down my street.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
If you are talking about the original as being the Townsend from Melbourne (+ Knog catalogue fame), that was a sweet ride... 'was... the guy was involved in a bit of a nasty accident and ended up in hospital late last year.

But the bike looks good! Down the track you could probably grab a nicer frame and just transfer the parts over.

nick_sixx

Likes Dirt
If you are talking about the original as being the Townsend from Melbourne (+ Knog catalogue fame), that was a sweet ride... 'was... the guy was involved in a bit of a nasty accident and ended up in hospital late last year.

But the bike looks good! Down the track you could probably grab a nicer frame and just transfer the parts over.
Yeah there are 2 different white+gold fixies that come to mind (one with the playing card chainring and some other track bike). I just bought an OCR1 so when I can recuperate some funds I may look into a fuji frame or something.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone on here attend either of the alleycat races last night in sydney?
I was and i never actually said hello to you. I was on the black and gold bmx, faster than a fixie imo + fixie was brakeless.

Really good night though.

Lorday

Eats Squid
I was and i never actually said hello to you. I was on the black and gold bmx, faster than a fixie imo + fixie was brakeless.

Really good night though.
Yeah - you must of been the lanky dude with harry then?

Btw - I was on a brakeless fixie and I got 8/9th.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got FIRST PLACE

in points.
You still owe me $35 though!

I almost got hit by a car today.. twice. Once when a taxi changed lanes without looking at high speed and another when i went down a super steep hill.. then realised there was a stop sign at the bottom.. that i couldn't stop for.

I'm brakeless and i'm hip.
brakes are going back on.. i've just rooted my only two decent callipers.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Swapped frames today. Now riding an old europa triathlon bike. There's about 1cm clearance between the seat tube and the back wheel and the downtube and the front wheel, feels so fast.

Best bit, got it off a mate for free. Much better than any deal you could do me lorday.

floody

Wheel size expert

75% done, still waiting for spokes to build up the real wheelset (shitter rollers wheelset and rubber on it now, building nos high polish MA4s on Dura Ace track high flange hubs), and Reynolds 531 decals for the frame.

bdstorer

Likes Dirt

75% done, still waiting for spokes to build up the real wheelset (shitter rollers wheelset and rubber on it now, building nos high polish MA4s on Dura Ace track high flange hubs), and Reynolds 531 decals for the frame.
JESUS FLOODY! That bike looks trick.. Will it get a run at Friday night track? looking forward to seeing the finished wheels. NOS Turbo, dug out from Uncle Rays basement or one of the new ones? My old brown one still gets a workout and is very compfy.. bought a new black one.. so uncompfy.

RCOH

Eats Squid
nicest bike in this thread for a long while (barring mine of course haha). Nice work Floody, came up a treat.