The Fixie Thread

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Spotted a Schwinn Madison in Sydney this morning. Quite nice bikes; just not my choice of colours.

Last exam this arvo, then I should have some free time with which to finish off my new fixie frame. hope so.

struggles

Likes Dirt
I think they a catching on.

Latest Bicycling Australia mag has a little test on the KHS, Langster, Madison and the Salsa.

Not much substance but nice to see them in an Aussie Mag.

Pity no Felt though

M.P

Likes Dirt
Speaking of which, thanks for the advice re the cog. I'll let you all know if I break anything. ;)
Not sure if this will work with a rear cog.

but, to make it easier to push bearings in and take them out. you get a piece of old rag and rap it around the outside of where the bearing gets pushed in. Pour some metho on the rag. then, light it and watch the flames. the metho evaporates fairly quickly, but hopefully by then it has made the metal expand enough so that the bearing slides in easier.

with the rear cog it may expand it a tiny bit, so that it is easier to unscrew.

triples

Likes Dirt
i thought i might post my fixed gear bike here.
its a nice bike that is ridden 4 days a week to the station.
its a great trainer for me. he actually fly's. considering
the frame really isn't anything special - basically a gas-pipe
mid level road bike originally - it did come up a treat [imho]
still running with no brake :eek:

original Ebay image/purchase = $95

after my build + a fair bit of cash

That's come up great. Is that the original paint?
any bigger pics?

biscuit

Likes Bikes
im very exited today, i have been in contact with volume bike co about there fixed bike the cutter, and they are starting another limeted run of the cutter that is due to be realesed mid september in the states. But i have been emailing them back a forth and they are going to send one out for me (ALL WHITE)

But i just thought i would ask what size frame i should get with me being 6'3".

cheers harry

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Built mine up today.

Pretty basic as far as things go.
New cog and chain will be purchased...as i'm using a rusty bits from a 50's cruiser:p
Least it works, took it for a spin and its damn fun, apart from the slack chain..which gets bloody annoying:p

Anyway, Thar she is.
Took about a month..with alot of procrastination.

Oh yeah, and it's a really small frame..so its not exactly ideal for my 6'4" height...but i feel pretty comfy on it.

Last edited: