The Fixie Thread

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
True :)
Share the same taper angle, but different nominal sizes. Shimano being slightly larger, will slide on to Campag BB but Campag cranks have too small a taper to fit Shimano BB.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks like a sweet ride although it mentions a lot of highways :( Nice blog, Canberra has a lot of riding and pathways etc. so easy to get around but soooo cold in winter..... I hate the cold....

Made a few updates to my bike lately, and yes, it's mine, not a rip-off from another site :)

Cut down my bars and found a new way to carry my PB wrench.
I love it, you are on the central coast arn't you? Mine will be done soon, we should go for a ride when it is.

JrDacks

Likes Bikes
True :)
Share the same taper angle, but different nominal sizes. Shimano being slightly larger, will slide on to Campag BB but Campag cranks have too small a taper to fit Shimano BB.
Yep, Dura Ace fits sweet,

The shit set in the pics fouls out on the BB as did the original Sugino Messenger cranks, so i bought some Campag Record cranks but they are 135 bcd and couldnt be assed trying to track a decent chainring down and i got the dura ace NJS cranks for $55 with 144bcd so pretty cheering and they dont foul out.

So got some 135bcd Campag Record cranks 170mm for sale if anyone is keen, chasing about $200.

addmin

Likes Dirt
this is what im riding at the moment,
morrie frame
mavic rims on durace hubs (suicide), front is also 650c
campag headset
shimano 600 cranks
selle italia seat
running just on 80 GI

the pic is a bit old, its got a different seat, light has been moved down to the botttom of the seatpost, different brake lever and the bars are more upright

dh911

Likes Bikes
thought i'd post up my ride, it's an old mcbain frame/fork, sugino cranks,a 1980's ex hire bike from the local velodrome, picked up 3 for $100, can't go wrong eh? Painted myself (can't you tell), want to get a proper paintjob but waiting till i decide a cool scheme.

On a slightly more important note, i've got another blue deep v (24h) rear that i want to put onto a track hub to use on this bike, but a 24h rear track hub is not overly common, is it a bad idea to run a 24h rim on a 32h hub?

Attachments

Last edited:

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My first fixie just rocked up on my front door :)

Just finished building it up, I want to go for a ride :eek:

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finished my $20 (cost of odyssey PC's) fixie today, it's ugly as shit, most likely unsafe to be riding, but I love it.

Will get pics up tommorow

Lemontime

Eats Squid
ate shit riding my fixed gearrr today.. was fangin' around a bus on paramatta road and ka-blamo! my sprocket bolts all exploded but one, chain obviously flew off and i went over the bars in the middle of the road.. Got angry and threw my bike all over the place.. Sprocket is absolutely rooted now..! bar tape is cut up like a mother bitch and my hand and elbow are fucked.. Not so great !!

kjparker

Likes Dirt
ate shit riding my fixed gearrr today.. was fangin' around a bus on paramatta road and ka-blamo! my sprocket bolts all exploded but one, chain obviously flew off and i went over the bars in the middle of the road.. Got angry and threw my bike all over the place.. Sprocket is absolutely rooted now..! bar tape is cut up like a mother bitch and my hand and elbow are fucked.. Not so great !!
Front chainring bolts? Got pics?