The Fixie Thread

stp0 rider

Likes Bikes
What pedals are most people running on there fixies.
My old shimano clips just broke so looking for another pair.
Suggestions?

HLC

Likes Dirt
Suggestions?
i was running some old metal bmx pedals with plastic toe clips on them. the clips were great til i had a decent stack the other day and broke one.

Im going to get some of those plastic/composite BMX style pedals with some straps from skin grows back. should fix my problems :)

Lorday

Eats Squid
Suggestions?
A combination of cage/strap/pedal and shimano spds. Recently acquired some BO strapons and Kona jackshit pedals which I'm keen to try but currently fixieless.

In other news, anyone embarking on a new fixie project interested in some new cranks and wheelset (including tires) for not too much money?

Rutter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its actually an EXACT replica of an anchor bridgestone with the same ishiwata 019 tubing lugs etc, handmade in Aus by an old NSW track official ive been told, its basically the exact frame but without the stamp

STP RIDER123

Likes Dirt
got the frame,forks, cranks for free:)
its a viner was raced by my mates mum a long time ago.. will be painting it the same orange with black lugs.

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STP RIDER123, mate I love that baby with a capital L!
Please leave the frame as it is. It gives it great heritage and is so much nicer than any paint job it could ever recieve. You can't recreate the paint which it already has.
It's the real article!
Well done on a great looking fixie mate.