The gaming thread

My son and I have hypothesised that the final boss in Borderlands 3 will be a giant, mostly naked Maynard, waiting like a stalking butler, and upon engagement proceeds to throw grapes at us in fibonacci sequence.

The boss will be entitled "the grapes of math"

disclaimer (I stole the name from somewhere else, if you don't like that refer to claptrap's loading dance)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Coming out same time as Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal.

March-April next year is a write off.

So excited though - visuals look amazing. Not sure of playing a VR game, but will give it a crack.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Playstation 5 is due to be available for Christmas 2020. As far as new console launches have gone, they aren't too great until a few months after it with some of the bigger titles landing. I have read that Grand Theft Auto 6 will be a launch title exclusive to PS5 though, that could be pretty darn awesome.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Valve releases are usually a generational changer.

I'm going to call it, Half Life: Alyx will be the title we refer to that shifted gaming into VR. This is the first major title that not only requires it, but looks to polish and use it in a way that is really enticing and likely to be pivotal to the experience. It'll be the title that makes people buy VR units, and then that will have a flow on effect of making other Devs try their hands at being creative with VR titles.

This will no doubt be to VR what the iPhone was to usable touch screen interfaces.
That being said, VR units are expensive...
...and Valve engines usually get liberally licensed, as well as open source components, SDKs and modding support. And native Linux support which is what I care about too :)

Going to be cool!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My daughter has saved some recycling money and would like a player for mainly Minecraft. She's 10. I was looking at the digital 1TB Xbox S1 with the 3 game tokens from BigW for $249? Is that an ok player? Or is the PS4 a better option for $329 plus the game. We don't have any other disks so digital doesn't seem that bad an idea to me?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
My daughter has saved some recycling money and would like a player for mainly Minecraft. She's 10. I was looking at the digital 1TB Xbox S1 with the 3 game tokens from BigW for $249? Is that an ok player? Or is the PS4 a better option for $329 plus the game. We don't have any other disks so digital doesn't seem that bad an idea to me?
I'm an Xbox fan, and the price plus the game should be cheaper than the Playstation option

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
So I won an Xbox one S at a pub raffle last night, what games are a 'must have'
is there any bike or fishing games that come recommended?