The gaming thread

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Tv died and got a new one so turned on my Xbox one for games for the first time in what seems like a year. (Used as DVD player by the kid’s mostly these days)
Played a bit of steep and during a load screen saw this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobbogonist

a registered member
Bought Decenders to see what it was like, figured out the mechanics after a few hours and it become pretty straight forward. Had to turn it off though the soundtrack is just awful. It provides you an option to skip songs in game which is excellent until you realise there is only 3 awful songs to skip between..

tobbogonist

a registered member
Tv died and got a new one so turned on my Xbox one for games for the first time in what seems like a year. (Used as DVD player by the kid’s mostly these days)

I saw that the other day, not getting too excited yet.. flashy video game trailers are easy enough to churn out.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Give it whirl and draw your own conclusion, but if the latest offering is a POS I find it had to maintain enthusiasm for future releases.
I'll be keen once its on Steam at the end of the month :)

Deus Ex was OK - had good atmosphere, but I wasn't too interested in the story. Got too easy towards the end as well, way too many augs going on.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bought Decenders to see what it was like, figured out the mechanics after a few hours and it become pretty straight forward. Had to turn it off though the soundtrack is just awful. It provides you an option to skip songs in game which is excellent until you realise there is only 3 awful songs to skip between..
How hard can it be to let you use your own music these days? Connect to our streaming service, or search for a pile of MP3s, or even just let us stick in a cd like quake did in the 90s (out comes the NIN quake soundtrack, in goes Metallica black - go shoot shit in dark corridors )

I found lonely mountain downhill to be infinitely more entertaining than descenders. Sometimes simplicity + execution will thrash flashy graphics

Holy sheeeet!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Have you bplayed the 2000 title? With JC Denton?
If not, it's highly recommended.
I haven't played it but have heard its really good. But is it one of those games that will only be good now if you first played it years ago? If its in the Oct sales I might grab it for $2 or something haha

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Graphics don’t make a game good.

Started playing dragons dogma again after binging the cartoon on netflix.
It looks terrible but I’m really enjoying my second play through.
Terribly depressing storyline though. Oh lordy it gets rough.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I saw that the other day, not getting too excited yet.. flashy video game trailers are easy enough to churn out.
Looks like it is trying to be all things to all people. Interested to see reviews when they pop up.

Might be better to just get Steep for the snow stuff and a Zwift rig, if you want to do road bike stuff.
How the fark is road biking going to be 'played' in a video game, anyway?!?! not that I care, but I am morbidly curious now.
Sounds as much fun as a supermarket shopping simulator.
The rampage part might be cool, who knows...

quannum

Likes Dirt
Nah, ive played it through again a few years ago. The graphics havent dated well at all, but the game and story elements still truly stand out and are top notch.
There’s some community “HD” mods available with updated graphics, but I haven’t played them. Still a classic, dated graphics or not!

Reactions: Zaf