The GoPro HD All You Need To Know Thread

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yeah have black and persevered on the upgrade yesterday and got there after a few hours. Can't try it til Sunday.

Tristan D

Likes Bikes
yeww got it done tonight! the iphone app is awesome, so much easier to change settings and stuff but it's got like a 5 second delay with the video stream, can't wait to try it out

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
My 2010 Mac pro won't read the SD card, containing GoPro footage. It's an SD reader, which works for other cameras.

Any Mac users know what I need to update? If anything? It's a GP3. I'm also a little illiterate when it comes to camera based computer issues, so be gentle!

Garrath

Likes Dirt
I have a 2010 mac pro as well and I connect via the USB cable and it works just fine. I haven't tried with the SD card though so cant comment.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
My 2010 Mac pro won't read the SD card, containing GoPro footage. It's an SD reader, which works for other cameras.

Any Mac users know what I need to update? If anything? It's a GP3. I'm also a little illiterate when it comes to camera based computer issues, so be gentle!
can you not plug the gopro directly to the mac via USB?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I updated the software for the cam and found an extra setting under wi-fi. Still no joy. I then found a youtube vid that followed the process. I had to connect to the Gopro camera 'network' from my phone (which also dicsonnected the wi-fi home network) and all happy now.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Local or online purchase for Gopro

As the title says, am I better off purchasing locally or online? Advantages/disadvantages?

Online is cheaper and I assume the Gopro still comes with an Australian Warrenty, or is it safer to purchase locally if something goes wrong? I've seen a few people on here have purchased online, places like kogan, crc, ebay etc.

I have a limit of $400 so that comfortably puts me in the range of the Silver edition if I purchase locally, however online I have seen the Black edition for just under $400.

Thanks guys...

willsy01

Eats Squid
Finally had a chance to use my Black properly today.......the remote kept fucking out though. Would be fine starting a recording but wouldn't work to stop it. Once i'd stopped the camera and powered it off, the remote would keep going as if nothing had happened......timer kept going and the red light kept flashing.

The battery in the remote went dead after about 10mins even though it had been on charge all night......have I got me a dud remote?

willsy01

Eats Squid
As the title says, am I better off purchasing locally or online? Advantages/disadvantages?

Online is cheaper and I assume the Gopro still comes with an Australian Warrenty, or is it safer to purchase locally if something goes wrong? I've seen a few people on here have purchased online, places like kogan, crc, ebay etc.

I have a limit of $400 so that comfortably puts me in the range of the Silver edition if I purchase locally, however online I have seen the Black edition for just under $400.

Thanks guys...
$392 for the black from fortheriders.com.au dude.

hazsy19

Likes Bikes
Another cheaper option

Hi mates,

Was in the US for 2 weeks and went around to look for GoPro mountings during my free time. Manage to buy chesty, seatpost, spare battery and wifi remote at Radioshack at a cheaper price than normal. The trick is if you know any of the staff, they can get nearly 50% off the price with their staff discount. Luckily got a cousin who is working over there....bought all the accessories for less than 100 bucks.

Just FYI.