The Hardtail Downhill Thread.

Blackthorn

Likes Dirt
I will soon be joining the ranks of this elite crew, woop woop!

Finally rebuilding my Torrent frame as a DH hardtail, should be ready for the second King of ballarat hopefully :)

Spec (pics to come when done)

Torrent Frame
Fox Van 180 RC2
Syncros DS28 on DT hubs
Sram X9 rear mech

Hopefully get to meet a few other DH HT'ers at the races

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Old school hardtail downhill.
Check out the flouro gear and the guest appearance of a full disc rear wheel.

Ah, those were the days:)

[video=youtube;VzZkKE9Z35g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZkKE9Z35g&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

stunt man

Likes Bikes
I will soon be joining the ranks of this elite crew, woop woop!

Finally rebuilding my Torrent frame as a DH hardtail, should be ready for the second King of ballarat hopefully :)

Spec (pics to come when done)

Torrent Frame
Fox Van 180 RC2
Syncros DS28 on DT hubs
Sram X9 rear mech

Hopefully get to meet a few other DH HT'ers at the races
Hey man,

Im just in the process of up grading my parts on my 09 sasquatch and hopefully be ready for the second or third round of KOB. Do many HTs race in KOB, i havent raced mtbs before i have bmx and motos tho. But looking forward to it.

Davo94

Likes Dirt
I'm currently running singlespeed on my Morphine With 36 tooth ring up front and 14 tooth rear cog. What do you guys run in the way of gearing? I'm thinking i might try a 12 on the rear but i'm not sure whether smaller would be better...

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Hey man,

Im just in the process of up grading my parts on my 09 sasquatch and hopefully be ready for the second or third round of KOB. Do many HTs race in KOB, i havent raced mtbs before i have bmx and motos tho. But looking forward to it.

Hey dude, I raced the KOB season last year on a hardtail, in D grade (as there is no HT class). I'll see you there next round!

Blackthorn

Likes Dirt
Was at KOB today, there was a guy on a Yeti DJ with pikes pinning it in A grade, much respect!

Hopefully see all you guys at the next one!

Zyphryss

Was at KOB today, there was a guy on a Yeti DJ with pikes pinning it in A grade, much respect!

Aww Greg, I didn't see you! What bike were you on? Look out for a black V10 with red wheels next round.

But yeah, that guy was nuts. Sooooo fast and loose!

a-line

Likes Dirt

That guy on the Yeti DJ was Streamline Cycles rider and track builder/berm destroyer Benny Reynolds, look out for more of him on the hardtail in coming races, scaring the hell out of the opposition and spectators in the process :)

Zyphryss

That guy on the Yeti DJ was Streamline Cycles rider and track builder/berm destroyer Benny Reynolds, look out for more of him on the hardtail in coming races, scaring the hell out of the opposition and spectators in the process :)
Hell yes, looking forward to watching him ride!

fairy1

Banned
I'm still rockin the hardtail, still still still waiting for my warranty frame. Stuck in B grade on my HT, fun yes, good for points, no.

fitbmx

Likes Bikes
I ride a hard tale on down hill tracks and i wanna kno if it is more Physically harder to ride downhill on a hard tail?
firstly, learn to spell, please.

secondly, yes it is physically harder in two ways
a hardtail will travel slower down rough sections where a dually absorbs the bumps
secondly a dual sus ride would be much more comfortable

but a hardtail is faster when pedalling and faster on smoother areas

hope that answers your question

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
Not sure if this video has already been posted somewhere in this thread, but I thought it was pretty cool:

[video=youtube;wv7TyakE8qw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv7TyakE8qw[/video]

Blackthorn

Likes Dirt
My rebuilt DH HT :)

I'm interested to see how it goes on the rough stuff, from a short ride around the block it feels pretty good, guess time will tell.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought Id better post up me HT DH rig......
DSCF5243.JPG
Frame - Banshee Morphine
Front shock/fork - Boxxer WC
Handlebars - Holzefellor
Stem - E13
Headset - King
Grips - ODI
Saddle - KHS Suspentec
Seatpost - Praxxys
Front brake - Juicy 7
Rear brake - Juicy 7
Cranks - Holzefellor