The Hardtail Downhill Thread.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What?
I'm not a spammer!
Aah, sorry mate.

It was a statement that wouldn't be out of place on a lot of message boards, and there are a lot of accounts with similar, simple usernames that pop up and are spammers. Sorry :eek:

Ayko

Squid
Aah, sorry mate.

It was a statement that wouldn't be out of place on a lot of message boards, and there are a lot of accounts with similar, simple usernames that pop up and are spammers. Sorry :eek:
Hahaha your forgiven.
I see why you thought that!

My name is fair basic.....I made it up last year while drawing comics with my friends in my diary! ^^

So yeah, all is well! :D

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting a dually or a fixie or sumfin trendy? I'm about to go back to the HT as my dual crown forks on my new bike don't work(again).
Yeah, something trendy. As much as I don't really want to drop the trusty HT, I want to have knees by the time I'm 40.

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
hey guys, just wondering what marzocchi bomber 55rs are like for downhill, i mean they seem good to me but then again its the best fork ive even ridin on, thanks guys
mb

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, just wondering what marzocchi bomber 55rs are like for downhill, i mean they seem good to me but then again its the best fork ive even ridin on, thanks guys
mb
Put it this way. They won't break. But unless you do some sick tweaking they won't perform the best. Great for the price though. I'd say get em.

stp

i pretty much just started riding and i bought an 09 stp1 and have modified it, heres specs of the things i have changed
Forks: Pike 454 dual air
Handlebars: funn fatboy
single speed
kore chain reactor tensioner
snafu seat
maxxis lock on grips
odyssey cielencki
front:Holy Rollers 2.4", rear:da bomb dirt reaper 2.35
and my frame is also cracked so need a new one

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i pretty much just started riding and i bought an 09 stp1 and have modified it, heres specs of the things i have changed
Forks: Pike 454 dual air
Handlebars: funn fatboy
single speed
kore chain reactor tensioner
snafu seat
maxxis lock on grips
odyssey cielencki
front:Holy Rollers 2.4", rear:da bomb dirt reaper 2.35
and my frame is also cracked so need a new one
doesn't seem like much of a DH HT spec change?

How the hell did you crack the frame? STPs are a pretty beast bike despite what people say.

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
sounds good man, what u gana get for a new frame?
what are peoples thoughts on the kona five-0 for a dh ht?
is it adequate ? feels gooooooooooooood

manik12

Cannon Fodder
hey guys im new to the dh game i recently bought a norco manik and i went out to beerburrum with some mates and i found it pretty diffuicult to keep my feet on the pedals do many of you guys run clip ons and r they hard to get used to any help would be great

cheers Alex

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys im new to the dh game i recently bought a norco manik and i went out to beerburrum with some mates and i found it pretty diffuicult to keep my feet on the pedals do many of you guys run clip ons and r they hard to get used to any help would be great

cheers Alex

Wow, beerburrum is a mega smooth track. You can easily hold dudes on dualies there due to how much pedaling there is. Um, I'd try and work on keeping your feet on with flats, but clips are brilliant too. I run either, with a preference for clips (yet I use flats more often). What pedals and shoes? Cause it does make a difference.

manik12

Cannon Fodder
Wow, beerburrum is a mega smooth track. You can easily hold dudes on dualies there due to how much pedaling there is. Um, I'd try and work on keeping your feet on with flats, but clips are brilliant too. I run either, with a preference for clips (yet I use flats more often). What pedals and shoes? Cause it does make a difference.
i was running the stock pedals wellgo i think and my old worn kustoms lol
new shoes would probs help heaps but r clips worth getting

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was running the stock pedals wellgo i think and my old worn kustoms lol
new shoes would probs help heaps but r clips worth getting
Clips are brilliant, but they take a bit of commitment to get used to em (doesn't take long though). I've always been able to unclip mid-air despite what people say. Plus clips will probably prevent lots of crashes.

Most Wellgo pedals are actually pretty good, the b54 and the MG-1 are good. But if they aren't that new pedals n shoes will make a big difference. Most people run 5.10s. I think they are good, but only marginally better than a lot of other shoes. I like Vans myself. So much more comfy, but still grippy.