The hardtail riding thread

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, settle dude. I'm pretty sure he was posting up not too long ago about whether to go bmx or 24", I'm just providing some of the pros of bmx.
This is true. I was looking into whether i should go BMX or 24" not long ago, but have since figured my passion does really lie in MTB's, which was even further proved when i was talking to two mates, who both had their bikes, one a Colony Bloody Oath, one an STP1, i somehow kept finding myself playing around on the STP more!

... Yes, an STP ...

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
Has anyone any bad experiences riding Raceface Atlas cranks? I know that there are "designed for bikes with 4"-6" travel" but they look nice and strong.. and the red makes you go faster.

Also, the BB that raceface make.. any opinions?? thanks

Last edited:

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just wondering what people thought of tioga factory fs100, i ride mostly park and some street, and abit of dirt

also Leaf bondage hi bars, do you guys think there worth the $125 price tag

patto_15

Wheel size expert
just wondering what people thought of tioga factory fs100, i ride mostly park and some street, and abit of dirt
They are perfect street / park tires and ride really well and fast. On dirt they are not the best and fail with the amount of grip they provide, making them a bit skatey, but for concrete they win

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Opinions on a set of rims ..? Rear disc brake. Looking for a white pair. 24". I'm thinking the Halo Tornado's look alright, what are peoples opinions? Or any other suggestions are appreciated. :)

Jasper12

Likes Bikes
Ok, I got a problem with my DJ2's they have, almost completely locked up.

They are at 100mm (stock) and they go up ?15mm? And thats landing on the front wheel from 2m up... Nat (g-fish) had a look at them and reckons I need air in one side... because the other is a spring and will not compress if the other side does not have some air in it??

Any help? (Just take LBS see what they say?)

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Ok, I got a problem with my DJ2's they have, almost completely locked up.

They are at 100mm (stock) and they go up ?15mm? And thats landing on the front wheel from 2m up... Nat (g-fish) had a look at them and reckons I need air in one side... because the other is a spring and will not compress if the other side does not have some air in it??

Any help? (Just take LBS see what they say?)
The more air you have the more harder and progressive it becomes.. Normally if there is no air, they become very plush and soft.

Jasper12

Likes Bikes
Yeah I knew the more air the harder and vice-versa but, if there is absolutely no air and the other side is a spring (?) they will just lock up?

thanks.

Edit: I can't let any air out..

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
No.. Depends what the air side does specifically.. Normally if there is no air, the forks would become just the springs rate of progression, with no help of compression.

I'd take it to the LBS..

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i run them on my bike, they are awesome!

fast, smooth, quietish, and plenty of grip...

don't wear out that fast, and make a cool noise when you revert:D

Pretty much what patto said...

Jasper12

Likes Bikes
No.. Depends what the air side does specifically.. Normally if there is no air, the forks would become just the springs rate of progression, with no help of compression.

I'd take it to the LBS..
Thanks man, probably take to LBS tomorrow.

See what they think.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
This turned up today,

its so much easier to ride a specific dj/street bike than it is riding the DH bike for everything.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
they are pretty tall, been trying to find it on the eastern site but i cant, I will keep looking but yeah they are pretty high.

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
180 hops or fly outs or dirt?

180 hops: Carve a bit, hop, twist all your weight and try to keep the bike upright. At first you'll naturally start landing leant over, it just takes time. Fakieing, again, comes with time.

Fly Outs: Boost, same movement, twist like a mofo. Nose in, you'll be naturally landing on your back wheel at first.

Dirt: Same as fly outs, but nose in more on the landing.
Thanks man.
Yea i ment hop 180s. I cant ride park for some reason, ill have to go to my local and just roll around a bit to get my confidence up, i always seem to put my foot down when i flyout, i guess i need to grow a pair and man up lol

Todd

p.s. went half link today bike looks so much cleaner with out the tensioner (Y)

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they are pretty tall, been trying to find it on the eastern site but i cant, I will keep looking but yeah they are pretty high.
Id say they would be 2.5"/3"

dont worry about it man, if you cant find it, its no bid deal...