The last movie you've last watched last

pink poodle

Clinically Inane
Some in flight entertainment highlights...

- Dirty rotten scoundrels: some champagne comedy featuring a great cast (has Ian McDiarmid always looked old?). Story wasn't too bad but the wrap up was weak. I wouldn't be in a rush to see it.

- To have and have not: very loosely based on a great book or maybe short stories (maybe both?) by Hemingway, the film was ok. If you can look past the rushed story and over the top acting style of the era. The source material is much better.

- RED: who doesn't enjoy a kill heavy film about old guys who used to be epic under cover killer agents? It was real early in the morning and I was bored.

Kerplunk

Likes Dirt
Captain Marvel with the kids.. It was meh.. Looked like they rushed it to get out before the final avengers.. Kids liked it though.. Ben Mendelsohn does a good job and has the ozzie accent laid on thick..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Man
Yeah, who knew Skrulls had Aussie accents?

I liked it quite a bit. Slow to start, but it got better as it went along. And if you think the sad fanboys are carrying on now because "they turned Captain Marvel into a girl!", just wait until they get wind of...well, I'll say no more for now.

Minlak

Kink of the mountain
Yeah, who knew Skrulls had Aussie accents?

I liked it quite a bit. Slow to start, but it got better as it went along. And if you think the sad fanboys are carrying on now because "they turned Captain Marvel into a girl!", just wait until they get wind of...well, I'll say no more for now.
The only people complaining it’s a woman are idiots that just don’t know the real history of the comic books.
Carol Danvers has been around the Marvel Universe for decades; she actually debuted back in 1968 in the pages of Marvel Super Heroes #13. Working as a United States Air Force officer, she'd always been in contact with Mar-Vell, initially while he was using alter egos. In 1977, the revolutionary Ms. Marvel comic book series revamped her career. In this version, Danvers actually became a human-Kree hybrid, after being exposed to massive amounts of energy during an explosion that melded her genes with Mar-Vell's, effectively making her superhuman. The Ms. Marvel series was seen as a purposefully feminist comic book, which found Danvers fighting for equal pay when she was not superheroing; series writer Gerry Conway wrote that in Carol "you might see a parallel between her quest for identity, and the modern woman's quest for raised consciousness, for self-liberation, for identity."
For the next few decades, Ms. Marvel was a staple character in the Marvel Universe, but it wasn't until July of 2012 that Danvers officially assumed the position of Captain Marvel. Very quickly, Danvers not only became an Avenger, but she was also put in charge of S.W.O.R.D., an agency whos job is to protect the Earth from alien foes.”

Kerplunk

Likes Dirt
The only people complaining it’s a woman are idiots that just don’t know the real history of the comic... QUOTE]

Yeah I maybe they are pissed that Mar-vell was a woman in the movie or that it was called captain marvel rather than Ms Marvell? Who knows, so many movies don’t take the story word for word from the comic source and fans get all pissy and upset..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Man
Carol Danvers has had the name Captain Marvel for several years now in the comics.

I don't care whether the movies follow the comics word-for-word. Mostly I don't want them to; a lot of that stuff is either incredibly convoluted, or downright silly (did anyone really want to see Matt Murdock's fictional 'twin brother' Mike in the Daredevil Netflix show, for instance?). As long as they tell fun, interesting stories that try to stick to the spirit of the characters (I'm glaring angrily at you, Man Of Steel), I'm happy.