The last movie you've last watched last

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Double featured Alien (1978 theatrical cut) and Aliens (2009 special edition). Both were really good.
I watched Alien, Aliens, Alien³, Prometheus and Covenant over the last week or so. Original, Alien³ and Prometheus are probably my favourites. Covenant felt a bit more like a "Shoot the Xenomorph!" action film with big jumps in the story compared to the previous versions. Would've like less shooting and more of David and the Xenomorph's interactions evolving. Skipped Alien Resurrection obviously (because it's shite!).

Oh and I tried the "extended cut" of the original this time and wasn't impressed. A lot of unnecessary "dumb it down for the Americans" explainer footage added. Original cut is more dramatic IMO.

And as to what I watched last - "The Visit".

Creepy as shit, and well put together for a story that hangs on such a flimsy premise.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Oh and I tried the "extended cut" of the original this time and wasn't impressed. A lot of unnecessary "dumb it down for the Americans" explainer footage added. Original cut is more dramatic IMO.
Is that the 2003 Alien "directors cut"? It's sort of a funny name given Ridley Scott prefers the theatrical version.
Ridley Scott said:
In 1979, when Alien was originally released, I felt that the theatrical cut of the film was the best I could possibly make it. I was very pleased with its pace and structure, and although there were several scenes left on the cutting room floor, I didn’t miss any of them. For all intents and purposes, I felt that the original cut of Alien was perfect. I still feel that way. The traditional definition of the term “Director’s Cut” suggests the restoration of a director’s original vision, free of any creative limitations. It suggests that the filmmaker has finally overcome the interference of heavy-handed studio executives, and that the film has been restored to its original, untampered form. Such is not the case with Alien: The Director’s Cut. It’s a completely different beast. When Twentieth Century Fox approached me to digitally restore the original 1979 cut of the film, they also suggested fully restoring many of the film’s deleted scenes to be reincorporated into a proposed expanded DVD version of the film. Following an exhaustive year-long restoration process, Fox then decided to re-release ALIEN theatrically. It was their hope that I would see fit to include several of the deleted scenes we had restored in order to give moviegoers additional incentive to see the film in theaters. Upon viewing the proposed expanded version of the film, I felt that cut was simply too long and the pacing completely thrown off. After all, I cut those extra scenes out for a reason back in 1979. However, in the interest of giving the fans a new experience with Alien, I figured there had to be an appropriate middle ground. I chose to go in and recut that proposed long version into a more streamlined and polished alternate version of the film. For marketing purposes, this version is being called “The Director’s Cut”. To film purists everywhere, rest easy. The original 1979 theatrical version isn’t going anywhere. It remains my version of choice and is presented fully restored and remastered under my personal supervision alongside the new Director’s Cut in this DVD set.

moorey

call me Mia
I adore bad Christian movies, and how they portray non Christians and intellectuals.
Watched ‘Gramps goes to college’ last night, and they jumped the shark. Can’t recommend it more highly as a good giggle, though it’s pretty heavy going, listening to gramps proselytizing and it’s poor arguments coming back from the other side.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I adore bad Christian movies, and how they portray non Christians and intellectuals.
Watched ‘Gramps goes to college’ last night, and they jumped the shark. Can’t recommend it more highly as a good giggle, though it’s pretty heavy going, listening to gramps proselytizing and it’s poor arguments coming back from the other side.
How the fuck could you sit through that.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
"Raising Arizona " Coen brothers .
Not as dark as some , laughed a lot.
Young Nicholas cage and Holly Hunter 1987 doing some classic white trash accents.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
" Intolerable Cruelty " is really good too if you havent seen it.
As you can tell I'm not one for endless action and violence and watched all the Terminator , alien films years ago .
Once or twice is enough.

moorey

call me Mia
"Raising Arizona " Coen brothers .
Not as dark as some , laughed a lot.
Young Nicholas cage and Holly Hunter 1987 doing some classic white trash accents.
Nothing EVER by Cage is acceptable sorry. Or Travolta. I love pulp fiction, but his acting makes me wince.