The pet thread, post em up!

stirk

Burner
View attachment 336678My rescue cocker spaniel Lola. She's 10 and without her, I wouldn't have got thru cancer treatment hell last year, after losing my Cockalier, Jet. Also Darling Daughter with her rescue Bull Arab, Big Man, 75kg of sweet boofhead lap dog. He was only 2yro and had already had three owners, stolen from Kangaroo Island.
75kg dog! Man that's a big unit. It's funny how really big dogs seem to be the gentle non neurotic ones.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
75kg dog! Man that's a big unit. It's funny how really big dogs seem to be the gentle non neurotic ones.
he's amazing. Originally I was dead set against her getting him, I've had a pack of three big dogs (rotti x ridgeback, mastiff x boxer and dingo x German shepherd) when I was younger and had a ten acre run for them, plus I was into cross country running and was playing AFL at the time and still had issues with the dogs chasing the local Pademelon 'Roos and killing my chooks. I went along with her to meet the dog and was instantly in love with the giant pony-sized goofball. He's obviously had a hard life because he flinches if you raise your hand suddenly and has permanent calluses because he's been kept on concrete but will happily tolerate my 2yro grandson body-slamming him WWF-style. Daughter also knows I'm very sceptical of allowing ANY dog to be alone with a child - hell I wouldn't trust my cocker spaniel girl alone with a kid, just in case. But Biggie has proved that he's worth his feed over and over these past 18 months. He's a darling.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
We're trying to find a dog at the moment, something that I can take running and that my partner can train for agility - e.g. a kelpie, cattle dog, border collie etc.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest and hopefully will have a happy post in here with a dog friend soon!
So after all that we ended up adopting a 1 yo border collier x kelpie. :) :) :)

Super fast little guy, good running partner and heaps of fun to have around.

2017-04-22-PHOTO-00002153.jpg

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So after all that we ended up adopting a 1 yo border collier x kelpie. :) :) :)

Super fast little guy, good running partner and heaps of fun to have around.

View attachment 337094
Great trail dog, once you kick the puppy curiosity out of them.

My border Collie got of the lead camping, when I left for a spin, sat on my back wheel for 40 odd km with no previous riding experience, and basic heal/sit/drop/come training.

Affection sluts though.

*the views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of a sane well adjusted human.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Newest addition to the pack.

Fostering and probably adopting. 3 year old named Bree. Never had a bitch cock it's leg to pee. It's quite the sight!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Had him for 2 months now.

Introduced him to Majura yesterday, he loves the singletrack!

File_000.jpg

Partner is terrified I'll clean him up on my bike, so we're just doing this in baby steps before he's a full-blown trail dog :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had him for 2 months now.

Introduced him to Majura yesterday, he loves the singletrack!

Partner is terrified I'll clean him up on my bike, so we're just doing this in baby steps before he's a full-blown trail dog :)
He looks like a very happy dog.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Adventure doggo in training... Franklin the Hungarian Vizsla at 10 weeks old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
He looks like a very happy dog.
Yep - but very task-focused. Constantly needs things to do (be sent to look at something, retrieve a ball, tricks for treats etc). Part of his working lines I guess :)

Vizslas make great running and cycling companions. Got many happy adventures ahead of you there!

stirk

Burner

I can see this doge being a handful! Nice pup.

Smart, naughty and hopeless trail dog.

View attachment 338008
That's a pig dog right there, loves rolling in the mud.

He won't stay small for long!
6 months and he'll be about full height, 12 months and nearly full grown.
Which breeder did you go get him from?
I love it when your best mate dog looks you in the eye and communicates with a simple expression based on an emotion. Dogs are so pure in how they do this compared to humans. Their raw honesty is why I love dogs so much.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He won't stay small for long!
6 months and he'll be about full height, 12 months and nearly full grown.
Which breeder did you go get him from?
Dectar up in Cobram. He's 6 months now and already three times the size. Can't run him properly yet because he's still a pup, but he's already wickedly fast and seems to have endless stamina.