The QUICK question thread.....

creaky

XMAS Plumper
No promises...but I think it should. It doesn't seem there is much difference if any in oil volume between the older and newer xt brakes in my collection.
Yeah, should be compatible lever to caliper performance wise. More concerned about different style/diameter banjo etc.

Capt. Shimano has signalled aye so I shall proceed forth into the unknown ...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, should be compatible lever to caliper performance wise. More concerned about different style/diameter banjo etc.

Capt. Shimano has signalled aye so I shall proceed forth into the unknown ...
I could be wrong, but I think that caliper is from shimano's flirtation with no banjo. The connection being similar to the way your caliper connects.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I could be wrong, but I think that caliper is from shimano's flirtation with no banjo. The connection being similar to the way your caliper connects.
All the photos are from the wrong side, but it looks to be a banjo to me. Banjos may vary with year models? If I’m up for a hose kit also then I may as well just buy a full set with lever. Was hoping to just swap the dodgy caliper.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Some of the four-pots used a differnt banjo, but all the banjo-connected two-pots use the same one.

I installed one of these on a friend's son's bikes a while back. The hose connected to the caliper in mix the same way it connects to the lever. Is this still some form of banjo? This is the type of fitting I was referring to above

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Need a new goodridge hose for my hope brakes as my current one is leaking oil. Any shop in aus stock them? Goodridge is not sending any parts out of uk atm.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Can't you just get the standard hope hose from the distro? I thought the Hope oem was Goodridge.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Plough

Squid
Is it normal for the 3-position adjuster on fox forks to have a bit (1-3mm) of movement fore - aft?

Last edited:

safreek

Hey guys, in the photo, is the fork on the right really an 888 or some other type like a 380.
If it is an 888 what year would they be from, they look quite the beast

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Across the top of the wheel arch I see it says "bomber", which has me thinking 888. I had a few 888s and don't recognise the graphics. Maybe later model rather.

Warning for you on old forks - you may encounter difficulty in obtaining appropriate seal kits.