The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

It's only about $600 overpriced, and those brifters are so obscure only @Daniel Hale will want them... :p
Hmmm, maybe I could sell them to Daniel for around 400 and then get a 200 dollar bike.
I have had a good run with lefties, they are cool as well.
Just getting desperate to buy another cheapie before permission is taken away.
I will be honest, I was planning on selling parts off it and keeping the frame and putting some totems on it. Was going to use my old drivetrain and sell off the Xt stuff, pointless now I know it's crap.

Anyone want a lefty and wheel for a couple hundred, come, help a brother out

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Frame, fork, wheels, crank...probably not a bad deal if that is what you want. Do the world favour and throw all the shit bits on the bin and put on good gear.

But if you aren't after a lefty then it's kind of useless. If you want to run the totems on it...get a better frame.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
They did until BCD changes and ispec. I like that they went DM...just not that they cussed with tooth profile and chain on 12sp to make no real world benefit, but mess up compatibility.
Everyone I know that's switched are raving about shifting under load with the new Shimano 12spd stuff. Haven't tried it myself so they might just be self-justifying post purchase.

moorey

call me Mia
It sounds finicky to set up and keep tuned by all accounts, and is a bigger cage and a whole lot more range that I currently care for.
I’m likely to go there before Felix, but have had such a good run with m8000 that I don’t see the point. Particularly when I’ve got m8000 on 8 bikes, and plenty of spares. Compatibility and ease of use rates highly for me.

safreek

Frame, fork, wheels, crank...probably not a bad deal if that is what you want. Do the world favour and throw all the shit bits on the bin and put on good gear.

But if you aren't after a lefty then it's kind of useless. If you want to run the totems on it...get a better frame.
Yeah but no-one will sell me a prophet frame, I have a need to do a short rear travel Cannondale with a decent amount of front travel. Call me freeky but I reckon it would be totally rad dude

moorey

call me Mia
Everyone I know that's switched are raving about shifting under load with the new Shimano 12spd stuff. Haven't tried it myself so they might just be self-justifying post purchase.
I’ll go as far as to say I can see myself going to wide range 9sp before moving the fleet to 12sp.
At a minimum, I see zero point in microspline. I’ll stick with XD drivers and cassettes if I do try Shimano 12x.
#nevereagle. Been there, admittedly only GX, and hated it. I’d never pony up for X1 or higher, so its off the table.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah but no-one will sell me a prophet frame, I have a need to do a short rear travel Cannondale with a decent amount of front travel. Call me freeky but I reckon it would be totally rad dude
Just be sure to wear a helmet when it breaks. Actually wear a helmet whenever you're within 1m radius of it.

No. People definitely don’t ever justify their expensive kit as essential, and the best thing ever. That’s not how humans roll.
Exactly! People are very good at being objective as making informed decisions.