The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
How many sets of consumables do you have for the bike you ride most such as tyres, brake bads, chains, cassettes etc?

Just curious when I see people buying four sets of pads and I don't have any extra!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How many sets of consumables do you have for the bike you ride most such as tyres, brake bads, chains, cassettes etc?

Just curious when I see people buying four sets of pads and I don't have any extra!

This how you avoid getting fucked by the full price in an emergency situation...buy piles of shit when it is on sale. I don't expect to buy brake pads for Shimano XT brakes for a long long time.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Not much really. But it accumulates anyway as you replace things before they strictly need to be replaced, then never get around to selling/donating/binning the thing you took off. Soon enough you've got spare wheels, spare 50% brake pads, spare 60% worn Minions, spare handlebar, spare brake callipers, spare hubs, four stems that are all too long and three cassettes' worth of loose cogs in a box.

Last edited:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Helps if you have the same brakes / drivetrain / wheel sizes etc.
I bought 5 chains last time I saw the 11sp ones for a good price. Because I had 2 regularly used bikes running 11sp.

That old saying of one is none (two is one) though. When you slash a tyre and can go home and replace it immediately, it is worth the extra cash you outlaid. (Not so much the spare 9 speed chorus cassette I've got in a box somewhere from when I had that one bike with campag shit.)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Not much really. But it accumulates anyway as you replace things before they strictly need to be replaced, then never get around to selling/donating/binning the thing you took off. Soon enough you've got spare wheels, spare 50% brake pads, spare 60% worn Minions, spare handlebar, spare brake callipers, spare hubs, four stems that are all too long and three cassettes' worth of loose cogs in a box.
You were in my garage when exactly? :oops:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Just start by getting those wheels then you can get extras!! ;)
Amateur.

moorey

call me Mia

Maybe 40 new tyres, 30 sets of pads, 6+ chains, 8 or so derailleurs, 8 cassettes (another 6 on spare wheels) 7-8 complete spare wheel sets (not counting the sets on bikes hanging in the rafters).
I keep dozens of rotors, tubeless valves, numerous big bottles of sealant.....
Oh, and numerous spare shocks in common sizes, many sets forks, cranks, brakes...
Then there’s....

You could say I have issues. I say I was Covid ready before it was cool...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Shitloads.

Reckon I have not bought a single item in anger in over 10yrs.