The QUICK question thread.....

stirk

Burner
Hey folks, so I think it's time for a new drive train as I'm dropping chain on the NW ring alot - I need to get a new cassette and the current one is 11-42 with a 30T chain ring.

I thinking to go the 11-46, running medium xt cage which I've read will be just fine. Where the hell is @duckmeister when you need him??

Question, is anyone running this on a 1x11 or 1x10 set up really notice the extra 4 teeth in low range between the 42 and 46 cog?

I only use the 42cog when it's a really long grind and most other times just toughen up a little and push the next cog (37T) and barely notice the jump between 37 and 42 even.

Sounds like I'm answering my own question...... run a 32 chain ring and go the 11-46 and maybe, just maybe I might spin over 60kph :)

Thoughts or ridicule welcome....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
MIPS...

So I wore my fox proframe today and it has MIPS. I remember a while back when MIPS hit the scene and there was a bunch of chatter on here about whether or not it was the real deal. So a few years later is there any evidence to be had? Is MIPS a myth or hype, like the neckbrace? LoL...my phone changed that to necklace! Or is it a highly advanced way of reducing injury?

@Mywifesirrational I'm hoping you have some input to this? @jarred might have some value to add as well!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hey folks, so I think it's time for a new drive train as I'm dropping chain on the NW ring alot - I need to get a new cassette and the current one is 11-42 with a 30T chain ring.

I thinking to go the 11-46, running medium xt cage which I've read will be just fine. Where the hell is @duckmeister when you need him??

Question, is anyone running this on a 1x11 or 1x10 set up really notice the extra 4 teeth in low range between the 42 and 46 cog?

I only use the 42cog when it's a really long grind and most other times just toughen up a little and push the next cog (37T) and barely notice the jump between 37 and 42 even.

Sounds like I'm answering my own question...... run a 32 chain ring and go the 11-46 and maybe, just maybe I might spin over 60kph :)

Are you on 27.5 or 29. I run 30t and 11-46 on 29er and 32t on 27.5. Gives me roughly the same top speed amd climbing gear.

I'm pretty unfit but I find its a good combo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

60kph will be a mighty fast spin. I'm on a 36t and 50kph is a cadence around 110rpm

stirk

Burner
Are you on 27.5 or 29. I run 30t and 11-46 on 29er and 32t on 27.5. Gives me roughly the same top speed amd climbing gear.

I'm pretty unfit but I find its a good combo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'm still a Jedi, not gone to the dark 29'er side.....yet, and I'm unfit too.

Definitely leaning toward the 11-46 and 32, not oval fuck that weird shit?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm still a Jedi, not gone to the dark 29'er side.....yet, and I'm unfit too.

Definitely leaning toward the 11-46 and 32, not oval fuck that weird shit?
I have a 30t oval and 11-46 sunrace on the TRC. Works fine even with unfashionable wheel sizes. They don't feel eggular either.

I read the oval hype somewhere that a 30t oval =32 round due to the oval profile when pedalling on the down stroke.

A 30-46t will easily get you up the causeway on a hot day :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Should a fork unloaded pull out to full extension? As in lift the wheel and I should be able to measure the full 150mm travel on that size fork? At the moment I have to pull the fork to get it all the way out.
RS lyric select +

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think so! If he does, he will probably need a black anchor to keep it from floating away.
Next up - chainring bolts, groupset bolt replacement - where does it end? Might float in to space on the first jump!

Really though, not overly fussed on weight, just happened to need new bolts. Plus - a bit of bling can't hurt ;) If anything, am concerned re shearing stress, I hear Ti doesn't fare too well with side loads.